Hey there.

I just got finished with the mods to my old Squier Standard Strat. I had already put a pickguard on it (red moto) but that's nothing. I decided to revamp it.

Wilkinson EZ-LOK Tuners
GFS Alnico II Premium Strat Set
GFS Loudmouth Bridge
Chrome Pickup Covers
Diamond Plate Pickguard
New CTS 500K X1 and 250K X2
Chrome tophat knobs

Well, here is was...

and here is is now...

What do you think?
That's pretty sexy man, nice job.
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
I WAS going to ask what you were thinking, ditiching that funky, kinda emo, appearance.
But, the final product looks amazing. One of the few nice looking diamond plate guitars I've ever seen. It looks very Tom Morello, but a little bit more metal.

After looking a few times, I have to say that the black of the humbucker looks kind of out of place, but would look better if the single coils had black covers.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
I think he just spray painted the original knobs ^

very nice, looks awsome.
Orange Enthousiast.
no, you can get knobs like that at guitarfetish.com... which is where he got most of his other parts as well..
Gear:
2003 Fender Standard Strat w/ Texas Specials
2010 EBMM BFR JP6
2012 Babicz Identity Dreadnaught
2015 Gibson Les Paul Traditional SR
Line 6 POD HD500
Peavey XXX 112
Fender Blues Jr
Actually, I got the knobs at an eBay store, Greasy Groove Productions.

Thanks for all the feedback. It sounds great!
What are those pickups? Those are huge pole pieces...
Dyer's Eve is awesome, and has an abnormally large penis, which doesn't act as any hinderance to his everyday life despite its freakishly large size.
For unrivaled obedience, user King_ofKumbucha is awarded this spot of honor.
Forgive me for saying this but I prefer the 1st one. If it makes you happy (and lots of people here too lol) then thats what it's all about. Those pickups are sweet, but i'm not keen on the knobs and scratchplate.

Peace out!
Quote by azza6
Darren you rock.

Quote by 7DaySkeptic
You win sir

Join the only "REAL" Stratocaster Group here

Free Fender Strat here!
how are those locking tuners?
GEAR
- Epi Les Paul Custom (emma)
- Orange Tiny Terror
- 2x12 w/greenbacks
-MXR ZW-44 Overdrivel
- MXR Phase 90
- EB Volume JR.
- Boss DD-3
The tuners are great, actually. They keep tune very well, and the special tuning post holes allow for super quick string changes.
Looks pretty awesome, probably one of the sweetest squires ive seen! Nice job.
My setup specs:

Guitars: Fender 50's stratocaster
Old jr accoustic crap guitar.

Amp: Roland cube 20x (Going to probably be traded in for a blues jr soon though.)

Effects: Dunlop gcb-95 wah
Boss dd-6 delay
Ah, I really like that, the pickguard matches the pickups and knobs very well, nice!
Gonna Leave this town

Gotta leave this town

Gonna make a whole lotta money

Gonna be big yeah...
(Jimi Hendrix - Hear My Train A Comin')

flickr
Coolest thing is, I had my personal tech Paul, tunerfreak19, set it up and it plays like a nice Fender now. No more Squier here. It only says it on the headstock!

And thanks again for all your feedback, positive and negative. I am very pleased with the final product.
Last edited by ExplorerFreak at Mar 18, 2007,
my old standard strat looks just like the first picture. i originally wanted to put a tortise shell on it but only found red moto. I kinda like it even though my standard strat has gone to crap.
^ I believe some do.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
You are the only other person I've seen that got the Alnico II Premium set. I freaking love these pickups for clean or light-overdrive stuff.
I really love it. It looks freaking awesome. Did you have to do any routing for the humbucker?
No, the body was routed HSH already so that is what actually originally gave me the whim to mod it.

And to an earlier poster, yeah, I thought it was strange that a Squier came with a two-point but I am very glad of it. I prefer two-point over 6.
i must say that's pretty sweet man, i might get 1 of them diamond pl8 p/g's Infact u have given me a really gr8 idea, thank u son!

Quote by 7PlaGues
nice work man.. i like it better the way it was but if you like it thats all that matters.

i've been wanting to say this for a while now UR A RICH MOFO!!!!
EH

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."
^ I know, look at his damn Zildjian collection!
Last edited by ExplorerFreak at Mar 23, 2007,
Quote by Dragatear
How does the humbucker sound?

The humbucker is not as hot as I would have liked it to be, but it sounds great. A bit sterile, but nothin' a good EQ'ing didn't fix!

Quote by 7PlaGues
i spend all my money on my son. anything left over goes for toys for me

the guitar collection is outdated. added more guitars since then..i'm a genuine, addicted, guitar *****.

You may have never visited The Pit but... Pics or it didn't happen.

Quote by Dragatear
And, do you know of any sites that sell HSH and Hss pickguards?

Ebay perhaps? I don't know of commercial sites that would sell HSH Strat Pickguards, quite uncommon if I'm not mistaken. You can get HSS on any guitar part website or a diamond plate one on www.sharpconcepts.com
mod = <3

How much did The Humbucker run you? I might think about buying one...
BACK LIKE A HEART ATTACK
what year model is your strat? I've got a standard that I would like to get set up properly and drop a humbucker in the bridge position, and if it's routed HSH already I might actually do it.
Quote by Kai07
mod = <3

How much did The Humbucker run you? I might think about buying one...

$35

Quote by captain_jack
what year model is your strat? I've got a standard that I would like to get set up properly and drop a humbucker in the bridge position, and if it's routed HSH already I might actually do it.

It's a 2002 Standard Strat. I can almost guarantee yours is HSH.
Quote by ExplorerFreak

It's a 2002 Standard Strat. I can almost guarantee yours is HSH.

I'm pretty sure mines an '04. I hope it is cause that would be downright badass.