K so anyway, my band, my problem, I come to the pit :P....anyway, the other guitarist in my band and myself are sorta second guessing what we call our "band". We started high school and within a couple months we were in a band. Although we havent had any actual practices, we have the majority of the demo written and other stuff. Anyhow, our drummer and the bass player(his friend goes to a different high school, the other guitarist and myself have only met him once, but he seems like a cool guy....) has been sorta stalling for the last while (since like November/December) and not having practices and shit. He recently sold his kit and is getting a newer "better" one in a couple months (around May, June so we can't practice till then, so hopefully he does actually get one). I'm just wondering, should we wait. I mean we have a lot of other drummers in consideration, but this guy is pretty good buddy. Anyway we come to the pit for some advice

thanks in advance
Quote by lobster624
"are you an angel because i have an erection."
If I were you I'd just have some practises without him, or get another drummer to fill in for him while you wait.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
Tell him that if he doesn't get the kit you'll look for another drummer. And I suggest working on developing as a band before writing a demo.
Quote by Godzilla1969
I love you, Muphin. You have great taste in music.

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
uh, you haven't practiced but you have a demo written?

anyways, get another drummer (and explain to your buddy that you need to practice or whatever) and if you want that guy back when he gets his new kit then kick the other guy out and bring him in (you decide which to keep).
or... just give up now and stop trying to remake every remake of a remake out there...

Quote by Guitar0player
You're Thurstonsexual

Happily E-Married to En_zed
The public doesn't want new music; the main thing that it demands of a composer is that he be dead.
-- Arthur Honegger

Enjoy reading? Please crit my work .
lol^ weird, me and the guitar player practice every friday night, record our shit, send the recording and tabs to them and they do it, but if the drummer goes, so does the bassist
Quote by lobster624
"are you an angel because i have an erection."
dUDE i'LL BE IN YOUR BAND i'LL BE THE SINGER i HOPE YOU LIKE HEAVY METAL i'LL BE ALL LIKE arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh AND grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!
"so did you do anything hardocore today?"

"yeah dude i went to the bathroom and pluged up the toilet like hardcore! water would not stop coming out of it! It was like eddie van halen was playing Eruption in my bathroom! If van halen was a toilet
Quote by miniindividual
dUDE i'LL BE IN YOUR BAND i'LL BE THE SINGER i HOPE YOU LIKE HEAVY METAL i'LL BE ALL LIKE arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh AND grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!

and ROAR I'M ANGERY AND I EAT PUSSIES LIKE U FOR BREAKFAST AND IT MAKES ME ANGERY!!!

am i right? am i right? i'm so right...
Quote by Guitar0player
You're Thurstonsexual

Happily E-Married to En_zed
The public doesn't want new music; the main thing that it demands of a composer is that he be dead.
-- Arthur Honegger

Enjoy reading? Please crit my work .
I think you need both a new bassist and drummer since they don't practice with you in a constant basis. Might sound harsh, but if you're in a band, you must commit to it.

I have spoken.

Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
Quote by x_thurston_x
ROAR I EAT PUSSIES AND IT MAKES ME ANGERY!!!

HEy any1 need a funny signature??
"so did you do anything hardocore today?"

"yeah dude i went to the bathroom and pluged up the toilet like hardcore! water would not stop coming out of it! It was like eddie van halen was playing Eruption in my bathroom! If van halen was a toilet
Quote by -Atticus-
He recently sold his kit and is getting a newer "better" one in a couple months

Dude, your drummer just pawned his drum kit for a $20 piece of crack.

Ditch the loser before he drags all of you down with him.
All I can say is if he is your friend, and you told him hes in the band, then DO NOT kick him out for that reason. If you do, I don't think he would forgive you.
Rhythm Harmony Melody
also, keep in mind this

Bass and drum players are far and few between. Choose wisely.

I still say don't kick them.
Rhythm Harmony Melody
Quote by miniindividual

I bet Murphin loves you.
Practice at a rehearsal studio which has a drumkit if you have one locally, they don't cost too much to hire.
Trust in me and fall aswell.