okay,

so can somebody show me Exactly how they measure and mark out the frets on a fingerboard blank. If possible, include pictures.

I know there are a lot of you that make guitars, and some of you are actual luthiers. every place i look (including Project guitar!) i get vague descriptions.
Member #5 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club.

PM forsaknazrael to join
Quote by the snow queen
okay,

so can somebody show me Exactly how they measure and mark out the frets on a fingerboard blank. If possible, include pictures.

I know there are a lot of you that make guitars, and some of you are actual luthiers. every place i look (including Project guitar!) i get vague descriptions.

Online Fret Calculator
Measure from a square end of your calculator. It's always an idea to tape a new steel ruler to the fretboard so there's no chance of slipping. Cut the fret slots with a mitre box to make sure they are perfectly square.
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
Hey, I'm also from Australia

anyway, I don't mind working in inches. But how are you supposed to measure say 11.992 inches on a a ruler. I just don't get it
Member #5 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club.

PM forsaknazrael to join
Quote by the snow queen
Hey, I'm also from Australia

anyway, I don't mind working in inches. But how are you supposed to measure say 11.992 inches on a a ruler. I just don't get it

Aha! You're going to want to download this program, it's switchable from imperial to metric. You can only approximate once you get smaller than millimetres, depending on how accurate you are
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."