ok so currently im using an Epiphone Les Paul Custom which i love to play.. but i want a more heavier guitar, somthin with a Floyd Rose Tremolo and just has a savage sound. Bearin in mind i love the Les Paul shape and the signature Dean ML shape. So whats the best guitar for me?
Ibanez RG1570 or a Jackson DKMG

Bodacious Bob

Schecter Omen 7 Extreme
Ibanez RGR08LTD BK
Behringer TU-100
EHX Metal Muff
Boss MT-2
GLX EQ-100
Marshall VS15

Quote by tpot06
Bodacious bob wins all.
Jackson are great. ESP makes a les Paul shape guitar with EMGs
My Gear:

Fender 2008 American Series Standard Stratocaster
Hand Made Acoustic Guitar (made by my uncle)
Epiphone Limited Edition G-400 with maestro trem
BOSS DS-1
Boss DD-6
Dunlop Crybaby Classic Wah
Peavey Bandit
Quote by Freddy_Walker

ESP make quite a few Eclipse with EMG's
ESP
they also have the Les Paul shape (their EC's) with Seymour Duncans (i think)
Quote by Freddy_Walker

ye but i want somthin with a Floyd Rose
You could always get an Epiphone Les Paul Goth with a Floyd rose... Then buy some new pickups?

EDIT: I don't think they're in production any more. Butt they definitely used to exist. Try Ebay?

Last edited by Your Mother : Today at 03:44 PM
Last edited by Metallica708 at Mar 18, 2007,
Quote by Metallica708
You could always get an Epiphone Les Paul Goth with a Floyd rose... Then buy some new pickups?

EDIT: I don't think they're in production any more. Butt they definitely used to exist. Try Ebay?

a guy came into where i used to work and did that... it didnt sound very good...
Quote by Machanix
We play guitar.... we're automatically on top of the world.

Life Is A Lemon And I Want My Money Back!

A Wasted Youth
Is Better By Far
Than A Wise And Productive Old Age

Good Girls Go To Heaven, But The Bad Girls Go Everywhere!
Possibly you could save up a little more for an LTD M-1000. Awesome.
i havent got that sorta money lol.. and thanks people but ESP, Ibanez and Jackson don't really appeal. I guess its gotta be a Dean lol
I'd check Ebay for a Burny LP copy with a Floyd. I've got a couple and they're nicer quality than any of the Gibsons I've owned. Might be a little over your budget but probably not much:

http://www.fernandes.co.jp/burny/rlc/rlc65s_blk_index.html

http://www.fernandes.co.jp/burny/rlc/rlc65s_sw_index.html

These are the only LP's (other than some very rare 87 Gibson models) that have stock Floyds. I have one of each and just love the hell out of them. The Floyd is licensed but it's good quality, very similar to an OFR and the way it's installed there's no deep routing of the body so the tone isn't compromised. The bodys are made to the same specs as Gibsons, I'd put mine up against any $3000+ Gibson LP Custom any day of the week.
PRS Dave Navarro signature/Burny RLC-70 - Sonuus Wahoo wah/filter - Vox ToneLabLE - Boss DD-5 - Zoom MS-50G - Modded Ampeg VT-22 100-watt tube head or Peavey VK100 100-watt tube head (6L6GC's in both) - Soldano 4X12 cab w/Eminence Legends.
ibanez s or rg1570
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

hi, i was just wondering how to post a thread?

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!
and USD is equal to how much in US dollars?

Quote by Armchair Bronco
Everyone must own a DS-1 at some point in their playing career.

^^idiots

ESP KH-3? It might not be in your price range though.
Bands to see before I die:
Iron Maiden
Foo Fighters
Megadeth
Reel Big Fish
Rush
Streetlight Manifesto

Gear:
Epi LP Standard
Washburn Strat
Line 6 Spider (Yes, I know it's bad)

GAS:
Ibanez RG3570Z
Digitech Whammy
Last edited by SupremeACL at Mar 18, 2007,
thats probably my favourite one out of the ones iv seen..

thats my favourite Ibanez iv seen. It's way over my budget but i might keep savin.
schecter c-1 hellraiser fr , washburn X50PROFE ?
gear.

Schecter Loomis sig.
Engl fireball.
the highest.

CANNABIZZLE

Lets blaze, put this in your sig if you want to get high.
Last edited by bodomfan666 at Mar 18, 2007,
^agree with him. based on your username you seem to like dimebag so why not his guitar? it has a double-locking floyd and hella more aggressive than the les paul.
Last edited by AngstRidden at Mar 19, 2007,
The Ibanez Xiphos has an Edge III trem which isn't super amazing. I heard many horror stories where the trem eventually dies and cannot keep in tune.

Perhaps try the Washburn X40PRO? (Check GOTM thread at the top).

http://machinehead.co.uk/product_info.php/cPath/21_49/products_id/269

Or maybe the Ibanez S520EX? With your leftover money you can afford new pickups and upgrade etc.

http://www.guitar.co.uk/guitars/electric/390-ibanez_s520ex_electric_guitar

Alternatively, try looking for a second hand Washburn Dime sig. I heard they are much better than the Dean counterparts.
Quote by DimebagJosho
well that dime was my first choice.. but i was told it isn't that good lol.

Most the people who slag them off have never actually played one. Whilst I admit they are quite expensive, they do play well and sound great.
Dave Mustain has wrote some of the most amazing solos...
That he can't actually play!
Quote by Cecil Gonzales
Most the people who slag them off have never actually played one. Whilst I admit they are quite expensive, they do play well and sound great.

they play nice, but not 1000+ nice. i wouldnt get one. i dont like stickers on my guitars. (even it was 500 dollars, which is what they should be selling for)

anyways, a X40 pro, like in my GOTM will do you fine, great trem, but its a super strat shape. if you can get more cash, ro get luck, you can get a scott ian model by washburn,. great guitars, but expensive.
Recognised by the Official Who To Listen To List 2012

Quote by steven seagull
You don't argue with tubadude on Washburn-related matters, he flosses with the G string from a set of 0.12's y'know....and it's WOUND!
Washburn guitars are great but the range you can actually get in the UK is some-what limited.
Dave Mustain has wrote some of the most amazing solos...
That he can't actually play!
just get a dean ML79f:

http://www.dolphinmusic.co.uk/page/shop/flypage/product_id/12603

that picture theyve got on the website is the wrong guitar however, here is what it looks like:

or, another dean to look at is this:

http://www.dolphinmusic.co.uk/page/shop/flypage/product_id/12594

bit more expensive than the 79 but you get a slightly better trem with it, but personally id switch out what ever trem comes with any guitar and put in an original floyd

Alternatively, try looking for a second hand Washburn Dime sig. I heard they are much better than the Dean counterparts.

you heard wrong dude, why do you think dime went back to dean? he kept hearing from kids who had bought washburns that they kept falling apart on them. also they are neck heavy because the bodies are made of cheap wood, so they are basically impossible to play live, unless you can hunt down a usa made washburn, which are quality guitars. dean make some of the best imports around, this dude should definatly check out either of the deans ive posted, particularly the second as it comes with a better floyd and decent pickups, and neither come with any 'dime' stickers, etc
Geets:
Dean ML79 w/ OFR
Dean Razorback V
Washburn 2ST Stealth

Amps
Bugera 6260 212
Line 6 Toneport GX

Pedals/effects
Boss MT-2
ISP Decimator
Last edited by serbusfish at Mar 21, 2007,
What you after...are you looking for an improvement on your sound or simply something that looks better? If it's sound you're looking to improve then you may be better off upgrading your amp, depending on what it is, obviously.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
i just tried out an Ibanez RG350DX at my music shop which iv fallen in love with and i can get as soon as i sell my Epiphone fr some extra cash so ye
Quote by serbusfish

you heard wrong dude, why do you think dime went back to dean? he kept hearing from kids who had bought washburns that they kept falling apart on them. also they are neck heavy because the bodies are made of cheap wood, so they are basically impossible to play live, unless you can hunt down a usa made washburn, which are quality guitars. dean make some of the best imports around, this dude should definatly check out either of the deans ive posted, particularly the second as it comes with a better floyd and decent pickups, and neither come with any 'dime' stickers, etc

i cannot find anything on this that hold water about this. (outside of UG)

dime went back to dean becasue his contract was up for renewal, and dean offered his own signature (the razorback) he went back about 3 weeks before his death. eric mckenna of boogiestreet talked to dime for some time, and he was greatly sorry about leaving, but money is money. . .

the dime 333's play a hell of alot better than any dean i have played. (even the USA spalted maple series) the dime washburns are great guitars, ive seen them go on ebay for up to 5 grand, show me a dean that has fetched that on ebay.
Recognised by the Official Who To Listen To List 2012

Quote by steven seagull
You don't argue with tubadude on Washburn-related matters, he flosses with the G string from a set of 0.12's y'know....and it's WOUND!