hey people was thinking of gettig a new guitar and the esp 1000 caught my eye i love the look of the cherry one. so I was just woundering how it plays and if its any good? my guitar at the moment is a Jackson RR3 which I love its got a real nice low action and the neck is really nice to play, so how would the esp compare?
go try it out.

The truth hurts, but denial is what kills you.

Member #2 of the Fight Club Clan.
PM AndrewSchaeffer to join.
Not sure If the model I played was an RR3, but I've compared a ltd ec-1000 (mine) and a friend's jackson.

The necks are quite different. The LTD is a bit thinner and more balanced...the Jackson has wider frets, you're going to have to try it out and see how you like it. Personally, I like my ltd more than the jackson.

It's a great guitar if you're into metal (that is, if you choose the EMG's). They have pretty good reach (24 frets) and it's a lot lighter than a gibson les paul and has a thinner neck. The EC-1000 is beautiful (I have the see through black cherry one) and it plays awesome!

Just a shot of my ec-1000 with BKP mules.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
well i would but i dont know anywhere that stocks them near me, i live in north east england if anybody knows anywere that sells them in that area?
Check out the ESP website.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
Quote by Jinskee
Not sure If the model I played was an RR3, but I've compared a ltd ec-1000 (mine) and a friend's jackson.

The necks are quite different. The LTD is a bit thinner and more balanced...the Jackson has wider frets, you're going to have to try it out and see how you like it. Personally, I like my ltd more than the jackson.

It's a great guitar if you're into metal (that is, if you choose the EMG's). They have pretty good reach (24 frets) and it's a lot lighter than a gibson les paul and has a thinner neck. The EC-1000 is beautiful (I have the see through black cherry one) and it plays awesome!

Just a shot of my ec-1000 with BKP mules.

That's disturbingly sexy.

The EC 1000 caught my eye about a month ago, I'm looking to get the black/abalone one. I never really noticed how popular they are, but they are absolutely beautiful guitars.
it a great guitar...but try it first a few times it gonna feel really diff than a v but the EC has a richer tone clean because of that thick ass wood it has...but its still great distorted...

either EMGS or SD its a great guitar for what you want..and EMGs arnt always the way to achieve a meta tone either the sds are smoother in my opinion but i prefer emgs still
Stop Reading My Signature

Gear:
Schecter C-1 Blackjack w/ EMG 81/85 PA2
Schecter C-1 Classic
Carvin V3m
Boss GE-7
Boss DD-3