Question, the Lydian Dominant scale is a tritone substitution scale to play over the key 6semitones above the original dominant key........ right ??

So if C Major is the root, you play the Db Lydian Dominant right ?? Can you play it over all the C Major chords, or just the G7 (which is substituted by the Db7#11) ??

Say you want to add a little Jjazz flavoring to a slow Rock rhythm in E minor !!!
What LydianDominant scale do you use ? The F Lydian Dominant (by judging the E as the root and not the dominant) ?? The Ab Lydian Dominant (by judging the Gmajor as the root since Em=Gmaj ?? Or the Bb Lydian Dominant (by judging the E as the dominant of the root A)

And I'm gonna be playing the rest of the jam with E Aeolians, Em Pentatonic (oh yeah baby), and a litte Em Yngwie (read: Harmonic Minor)........ plus a litte Blues, Dorian, and Phyrgian......

Second question, look at this chord progression Dm7 - G7 - Cmaj7
how do you it's 2-5-1....... not 5-1-4....... or 1-4-#7 ???

Over that Dm7-G7-Cmaj7 progression, would the Db Lydian Dom only sound good when played over the G7, or can you just play it all along..........

Thx a bunch........
Tone is all ...... well probably 75%, in your fingers.
The rest depends on your wallet's thickness !!

Keep the faith, baby!!
Quote by bluespunkmetal
Second question, look at this chord progression Dm7 - G7 - Cmaj7
how do you it's 2-5-1....... not 5-1-4....... or 1-4-#7 ???

Its ii V I because the G7 resolves very strongly to Cmaj, making C the key. Look at where the progression resolves to find the key.

And #7 is an octave or unison, so I don't really know what you mean by that. It helps to write chord progression using roman numerals to avoid confusion.

Sorry I cant answer your other questions.
My name is Andy
Quote by MudMartin
Only looking at music as math and theory, is like only looking at the love of your life as flesh and bone.

Swinging to the rhythm of the New World Order,
Counting bodies like sheep to the rhythm of the war drums
Okay thx !! SO it's a C root because of the resemblance of the dominant and the major key !!

Anyone else want to answer m'Qs ??

Keep the faith, baby!!
Guys plzz help me, gotta gig soon, can't wait to apply some lydian dominant licks !!

Keep the faith, baby!!