I'm looking into buying a decent half stack for gigging but as all the music shops near me suck I need to travel far and wide to find some decent gear.
I've got a few amps which I want to try out but when searching the net earlier I came across this.

http://www.guitar.co.uk/marshall/1312-marshall_jvm410h_and_1960a_half_stack_package?page=6

I like the sound of Marshalls and this amp his some really good reviews.
Obviously I wouldn't spend that much without trying it out first but it might mean a 200 mile trip first.
I play mostly hard rock and heavy metal but do play the occasional bit of blues so I want an amp that can give good clean and overdriven tones. I'm not really a fan of effects pedals but would be willing to invest in a decent distortion pedal if necessary for a good metal tone.

Has anyone got any experience with this amp? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
Dave Mustain has wrote some of the most amazing solos...
That he can't actually play!
Go to Denmark Street, near Charing Cross, in London. It is totally worth it if you're looking to buy gear.
Quote by shav0r
Go to Denmark Street, near Charing Cross, in London. It is totally worth it if you're looking to buy gear.

It’s also 4 hours traveling time from where I live
Nobody really knows too much about the JVMs yet but they look like their going to be great....Try one out if you can, they havn't been released yet tho have they?
MIA Fender Strat
Yamaha FG-450S
Crafter 12 string
Orange Rocker 30 combo
Vox AC30CC2
Epi Valve Junior
Fulltone Clyde
Danelectro Free Speech
T.C. Electronic Vintage Dual Distortion
Boss MIJ GE-7 (c1987)
Boss TU2
MXR Phase 90
Artec delay
Its meant to be really good, hope its not like the tsl, where when it gets high gain it looses clarity so..
There is a JVM forum with some good info but i can't post a link im afraid. PM if you want it.

Anyway, im thinking of getting this amp too but to be fair 100 watts is really a bit of an overkill for what im doing. Back to this amp: its the highest gain marshall ever made, and yeah its pretty heavy from what i've heard. It will certainly get you the tones you want with ease.
UG Profile

- Ibanez S470DX
- Orange Rockerverb 50 head
- Orange PPC212
- MXR Micro Amp
- CryBaby Wah

Member of the Matt Bellamy > Shred Club! PM Aidy Damage or Metallica708 to join!
Member Of The Orange Revolution Club
Quote by Bossman123
Nobody really knows too much about the JVMs yet but they look like their going to be great....Try one out if you can, they havn't been released yet tho have they?

Well this site says it has the combo in stock so I it must be (unless they are lying)
Quote by Stooja
There is a JVM forum with some good info but i can't post a link im afraid. PM if you want it.

Anyway, im thinking of getting this amp too but to be fair 100 watts is really a bit of an overkill for what im doing. Back to this amp: its the highest gain marshall ever made, and yeah its pretty heavy from what i've heard. It will certainly get you the tones you want with ease.

In all honesty I would prefer a 50watt head but I don't think they do one
Quote by Cecil Gonzales
In all honesty I would prefer a 50watt head but I don't think they do one

no they don't and they won't sadly because of 'head room'. They want to keep the cleans clean, which is fair enough but even if there was a 50 watt the cleans would still be pretty clean unless you wanted to be deaf.
UG Profile

- Ibanez S470DX
- Orange Rockerverb 50 head
- Orange PPC212
- MXR Micro Amp
- CryBaby Wah

Member of the Matt Bellamy > Shred Club! PM Aidy Damage or Metallica708 to join!
Member Of The Orange Revolution Club
I'm thinking I might be better off geting the combo which will be more managable if I want to use it at home. That way I can just add an extension cab when playing larger venues.
Saying all that, I might prefer one of the other amps I try out anyway.
Those links don't work but I did find some other clips on soundclick and it has a beautiful blues tone but I can't find any clips of a heavy rock/metal tone
Gear: Yamaha AES 620 Equipped with SD JB+APH-1
Fender American Deluxe V-Neck Equipped with BKP Mothers Milk
Fender Pro Jr., Traynor YCV 50, Diamond J-Drive MK3, Fulltone 70's Fuzz, Teese RMC Wizard Wah, Boss dd-3, Boss CE-5, Korg DT-10 pedal tuner.
Last edited by Burtonjp at Mar 18, 2007,
I hear they're brighter than a lot of other Marshalls, like a more British sounding Engl with less gain.
Member #10 Of The Black Tooth Grin: Dimebag Memorial Club. PM Narmi To Join
We havent really heard any high gain metal tones.. But the blues/rock tones are really nice so far!!
Quote by Cecil Gonzales
Sounds good. What guitar are you using?

I believe they were done on a Jeff beck strat.
Gear: Yamaha AES 620 Equipped with SD JB+APH-1
Fender American Deluxe V-Neck Equipped with BKP Mothers Milk
Fender Pro Jr., Traynor YCV 50, Diamond J-Drive MK3, Fulltone 70's Fuzz, Teese RMC Wizard Wah, Boss dd-3, Boss CE-5, Korg DT-10 pedal tuner.
You'll have to have it loooooud to get the best of it, and just use an OD or booster to get a bit more out of it.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30