ok i played the DSL 100 yesterday and thought it was great!!!

but im told the DSL 50 is better just because you can put the volume up more to get a better tone!

but how much better is the tone you get from having the DSL 100 on 4 and the DSL 50 on 10?

because i dont want to get the DSL 50 just for a little difference in tone and risking it not being loud enough!
i dont get it at all i understand the odd bit but in general i dont
Gear:

Gibson lpj
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Epiphone Les Paul 1960's Tribute Plus
Schecter s-1
Marshall JCM900 100WATT HEAD
Fender mustang 1
Dunlop Crybaby
Danelectro Distortion
Tanglewood exotic electro acoustic
Westfield Bass
dsl 50 will be loud enough for most things...
generally if you're playing somewhere large enough for you to need to max it out, they'll have a PA which you can mic up to.

plus, you get natural overdrive from a tube amp at full chat....which is a wonderful wonderful sound.
i've got a TSL 100, and i really, really dont need all that.
its ridiculously loud.
Gibson LP w/SD59+PRS Dragon II
Fender 52RI Hotrod Tele
PRS Tremonti SE w/Bulldog Extremist/Black Label

Cornford MK50H & 2x12
Marshall JMP-1

TC Electronics G-System

MacBook + Ableton Live
Quote by JOn`
dsl 50 will be loud enough for most things...
generally if you're playing somewhere large enough for you to need to max it out, they'll have a PA which you can mic up to.

plus, you get natural overdrive from a tube amp at full chat....which is a wonderful wonderful sound.
i've got a TSL 100, and i really, really dont need all that.
its ridiculously loud.

Hey how would you say your tsl is for metal, or would you say to try a dsl?
Member of the Metal Militia. PM Gibson_10 or AngelOfSorrow to join
A DSL50 would be loud enough for practically anything. It's a fine metal amp. The DSL100 wouldn't be much louder than the 50w, but you'll have way more headroom than you'll probably ever need. Btw, Headromm means the volume at which the amp is'nt being driven, a.k.a, better for clean stuff.

Simple answer, If you play mostly clean and play huge gigs, go for the 100.
And if you play Rock/metal, and play in bedroom and medium sized gigs, get the 50w.

I got my JCM 800 modded to 25w from 50w, and it's still incredibly loud, and plenty of headroom for normal-volumed cleans.
My Gear:

Guitars:
Fender American HSS Stratocaster

Amps & Effects:
Hand-Wired JCM 800 2204
Hand-Wired V30 2x12 Cab
Keeley TS-9 Tube Screamer
ISP Decimator
EHX Holiest Grail
Modded Dunlop Crybaby
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Quote by II HaZzA II
Ok thats really confusing!!!

can you sum it up??

the part i was surprised of was taht most of rock distortion come from both, preamp tubes and poweramp tubes of the amplifier. but mostly, poweramp tube saturation gets more of a creamier distortion. very interesting. i'm gonna go read it again.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Quote by LightningRider
A DSL50 would be loud enough for practically anything. It's a fine metal amp. The DSL100 wouldn't be much louder than the 50w, but you'll have way more headroom than you'll probably ever need. Btw, Headromm means the volume at which the amp is'nt being driven, a.k.a, better for clean stuff.

Simple answer, If you play mostly clean and play huge gigs, go for the 100.
And if you play Rock/metal, and play in bedroom and medium sized gigs, get the 50w.

I got my JCM 800 modded to 25w from 50w, and it's still incredibly loud, and plenty of headroom for normal-volumed cleans.

I already know that but ! im thinking im playing medium gigs now but! what if i want to play bigger ill have to get a new head so im going strate to the dsl 100 i think !

Thats if i can get hold on one as marshall has stopped making them for a while!!