Well, I broke my right hand and I'm unable to play for two months. So I am working on my hearing, hearing chords, intervals and stuff. I already know all the theory I need for now. I also bought an harmonica, which is fun to play. But I still want to practice my guitar skills. I can work on my legato, but I only have an acoustic (ibanez pf60sce). I can amplifie it with my computer/stereo system so I can hear something, but I need exercises I can do only with my left hand. So please give me some, thanks
ouch i feel sorry for you, i know how you feel, a year ago i had to have 6 months off because i broke my, wrist, arm and elbow and needed surgery on it, the best thing to do is to learn the theory side of guitar playing, read guitar magazines , also look at tabs that you wanna learn, save them all in a document and then learn them all when your hand is better.
I think working on legato and chord shapes would be a good way to spend you time. Also, why not use it as a chance to learn theory.

I always think about learning theory but would rather be playing guitar than reading about it so there's your perfect chance.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
I said I already know a lot of theory. I need some exercises for legato.
You could practise the opening trill to Eugene's Trick Bag for some finger strength.

There's a quick hammer on pull off lick in the middle of Racer X - King of the Monsters you could practise.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
Which hand? If fretting, work on tapping with picking hand. If picking hand, work of hammer onadn pull off stuff.
Founder of UG's David Bowie Fan Club. Pm to join.

Founder of UG's "Rockers against being freakishly skinny" Club. PM to join.
Quote by zekk
Which hand? If fretting, work on tapping with picking hand. If picking hand, work of hammer onadn pull off stuff.
If you'd read the thread, you'd know it was his right hand, and he's looking for specifics. But, I have none myself, sorry. Here's to counting down the days until you're healed, .
For these things give thanks at nightfall:The day gone, a guttered torch,A sword tested, the troth of a maid,Ice crossed, ale drunk.-The Hávamál
as long as its not your wanking hand you`ll survive, if it is then your in trouble cause its no the same with the other hand
Quote by MuffinMan
If you'd read the thread, you'd know it was his right hand, and he's looking for specifics. But, I have none myself, sorry. Here's to counting down the days until you're healed, .

If you'd read my post YOU'D know I asked if it was his picking or his fretting hand that was broken.

As for specifics, if ya broke your fretting hand work on yer tapping by tapping out scales, single ntoe riffs, and the like. If ya broke yer picking hard work on doing legato hammer on and pulloffs, and hammering out single note riffs.

I broke my left wrist in late september/ early october and played guitar with my hand over the neck instead of under it. I hated it. But on topic do hammer ons and pull offs.
last.fm
Quote by rockhard182
*opens happytimeharrys head* *finds nothing*

what a ripoff

Member #18 of the "Claudio Sanchez is God" Club. PM stepco12345 to join!
You could wrap a sock or a bandana or something pretty snug around the neck of your guitar near the headstock, crank up the distortion, and try to play with only your left hand.
Whatever you have tied on your strings will muffle out some extra noise.
It seems to work most of the time, try it out.

Or if you got $50 or so, you could buy one of Michael Angelo Batio's 'professional string mufflers' for better results.
Quote by Hovertruck
You guys are forgetting the most important part of sounding like Alexi.
Yao Yao
Quote by zekk
If you'd read my post YOU'D know I asked if it was his picking or his fretting hand that was broken.
That's funny, I thought it was pretty clear that he broke his picking hand.
For these things give thanks at nightfall:The day gone, a guttered torch,A sword tested, the troth of a maid,Ice crossed, ale drunk.-The Hávamál
The only refrence he ever made to weither it was his picking for fretting hand was "I can work on my legato", but all the same my apologises for snapping.

but I only have an acoustic

That makes it even better.
Just practice legato all the time and once youre right hand heals you will be god.
Seriously . And put on some higher gauge strings to mkae it even harder.
Ouch Man. Sorry. Just keep listening to leads and players you like. If you keep exposing yourself to the instrment, you'll keep the itch to play.
Try and play stuff without picking, and work on the clarity, its cool if you start shredding and then like stop picking and you can keep shredding. Work on hammer ons and pull-offs as well.