I was just wondering if is necessary when getting a amp because i was thinking of getting the Vox pathfinder 10 or the Kustom KGA-10FX (with reverb).

another option would probably be the Vox pathfinder 15r but not likely.
Reverb adds ambiance and depth to your sound.
Like you're playing in a big room. It's not a necessity but it's a nice extra. And why did you make another thread, you already have one.
I personally love my reverb lol
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Reverb is essential for your tone. When you use it you see a lot of difference. For instances ...when playing that big solo... a nice reverb will make it shine.
my guitar will make you cry
Thanks guy for your great comments

but what about the amps i suggested?

a Kustom KGA-10FX or a Vox Pathfinder 15r
Quote by Saphira Night
Reverb is essential for your tone. When you use it you see a lot of difference. For instances ...when playing that big solo... a nice reverb will make it shine.

yeah, reverb is kinda one of those things that u dont notice tonnes when u put it on, but when u take it off u really notice the difference.

Quote by ZNip4

i havent tried either, but from what ive heard, id be more inclined to go with the Vox.
Quote by Charlatan_001
Uh-oh. People might mistake you for a homosexual if you buy a purple pedal.

Quote by Shredlet
You own an Rg2570E and you live in Australia I to you sir!
Quote by Saphira Night
Reverb is essential for your tone.

No, but it does add some nice depth to the sound.
personally, i don't like reverb at all, but i suppose i havent really given it a good chance to show me what it can do for my tone
Quote by Martyr's Prayer
I got crap to do, okay? Counter-Strike isn't going to play itself.
Quote by ZNip4

....I dont know about the vox....but I personally HATE kustom amps....the cleans are aweful....the distortion isnt much better.
Gear:
1980 Gibson SG Standard Cherry Red
Ibanez TM-71 Talman Artcore Semi-Hollow
2003 Tom Delonge Fender Strat Seafoam Green
Traynor YCV40
Reverb can make things sound kinda epic. If you use too much it all goes a bit 80's which noone needs, but if you add a touch of reverb to a solo it sounds anthemic. I was at my mates last night and added a bit of echo and reverb and solo'ed in E minor and it sounded like anthemic when really it was basic blues soloing haha.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
That's why I'm getting a Pathfinder 15R. Doesn't have all the effects which likely sound cheap compared to actual pedals, but it has reverb at least.
I take reverb forgranted really, since I pretty much never play anything without a touch of reverb (usually around 2)
thanks guy for your insightful opinions on Reverb and two amps that i suggested....

I might go with the Vox Pathfinder 15R either than the Kustom.
I ALWAYS have some sort of reverb on because the Crate I own utters a horrid noise without it.
Member of the "Guitarists Born in 1991 Club". PM blues_rocker or greendayguitar to join.

Dean Guitars.
I always have my reverb around 3, with a chorus pedal you can get some great sounds, but unless you're in a U2 cover band, it's not absolutely necessary to have one, although they do add a nice touch. I would, as will everyone else here, suggest the Vox.
I more or less always play with my reverb on 8 or 9. I couldnt imagine being without it
Board:
Pitchblack - Fulltone Octafuzz - Hardwire OD - Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina - MXR Micro Chorus - Diamond Memory Lane Jr - EHX SMMH - Neunaber Wet
There's simply nothing like playing a blistering metal riff with some heavy ass reverb...So if you play metal, You're gonna want reverb. But I mean, you can always get some external effects later on.