Page 1 of 2
have you ever failed guitar spin? When i tried my strap lock just got loose and my whole guitar fly'ed right in the ground landed on some big rocks. What happen to your guitar?
The strap came off my pacifica, it flew over my head and hit the supporting bands amp.

It was an MG though, so all's good
New tracks on my profile! Please check them out and see what you think!
what that guy said ^^^ i wouldnt dare! haha
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
never tried, never will. waste of time, effort and possibly a guitar.
The Big Three

RR1 Rhoads, Dean FBD Dimbag Tribute ML (check), Ibanez Bad Horsie JEM

"blacker than the blackest black...times infinity."

"so get your ass checked out before its to late, turkeys!"
Quote by 4# 5b (Tritone)
never tried, never will. waste of time, effort and possibly a guitar.

that sir, is one of the smartest things iv ever read on this site.

ya, come on, im not gona WANT to potentially break my guitar
my band used to do them all the time..
so long as you're using decent straplocks, your guitar shouldnt fly off.
for the first few times of trying, you will be battered and bruised...trust me.

we used to spin both conventially (over the shoulder) and also "round the back".
...and also multiple spins...where you make it go round about 5 times with only one throw.

I did it with my PRS Tremonti SE fitted with DiMarzio ClipLock...
but the other guitarist did it with a PRS Custom 24....

I've tried it with a Stagg Les Paul before but it was a tad too heavy...
it landed in the middle of my back and i couldnt stand up straight for ages..
haha. serves me right, i guess.
Gibson LP w/SD59+PRS Dragon II
Fender 52RI Hotrod Tele
PRS Tremonti SE w/Bulldog Extremist/Black Label

Cornford MK50H & 2x12
Marshall JMP-1

TC Electronics G-System

MacBook + Ableton Live
er.. brings me back to a time where i cried..
i did it.. first time i bought my Dean Razorback T_T. its like the next day after i bought it the body was in pieces because my stupid friend dared me to do a spin at a gig. so i tried it.. the strap lock broke off. and my guitar flew into the drums and part of the body hit some of the metal stuff from the drums
Quote by Tallman
I prefer to play the instrument.

+7
Nicks and dents are battle scars...they give a guitar history.

Quote by Homer Simpson
When you think about it, mud is just wet dirt.
Yeah, spins seem like a daft idea to me. I'm all for jumping and running around, maybe the odd duck walk for a laugh but not spinning my pride and joy over my head >.<
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
Quote by AndrewSchaeffer
i did it.. first time i bought my Dean Razorback T_T. its like the next day after i bought it the body was in pieces because my stupid friend dared me to do a spin at a gig. so i tried it.. the strap lock broke off. and my guitar flew into the drums and part of the body hit some of the metal stuff from the drums

you stupid ****..
I've never tried and probably never will....until I get strap locks at least...

Theres some funny vodeos on youtube...
broken necks, crashing into things, etc.
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
PM me about buying the graphic novels I'm trying to sell
I have done a spin only once. My friend (who can't really play his instrument) kept doing guitar flips. So I decided to try it. First time, went around then hit me square in the side of my head. Couldn't hear out of my right ear for a week.

EDIT: It was my friends cheap Squier, not my guitar.
Last edited by Connor6c at Mar 18, 2007,
I love my equipment far to much to throw it around like a cheap bar gag.
For these things give thanks at nightfall:The day gone, a guttered torch,A sword tested, the troth of a maid,Ice crossed, ale drunk.-The Hávamál
I'm not retarded, nor stoned. I worship my guitars far too much to bash the shit out of them.
Quote by flesh fries
+7

Beat me to it..

I prefer to play the instrument.

+8?
"See, you're born punk. When you get your first haircut, then you're alternative. Then you let it grow long, then you're metal." - Kirk Hammett
back in the day like 2 years ago, one of my friends bet me he could figure out how to do it first. So we went into his back yard and started trying. I actually got one first
so i was like OH SWEET DUDE CHECK THIS OUT. i do it again my strap flew off with my guitar and it landed neck first into the ground and snapped it hahahah. Fortunatly it was olny a cheap squier strat. I dont think il ever do that with my schecter....
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser aka Frederick
Epiphone G-310
Boss Metal Zone Distortion pedal
Crate GT1200H Head
Crate G412SL Half stack
and some strings,
and some picks of assorted sizes

www.myspace.com/todaysescape
Check us out!
I hate bands that put more effort into jumping about than playing their instruments. Had to sit through a hardcore bands set the other day, and they just played the same few power chords whilst jumping about like twats. It's retarded.
Quest for "the tone": pending.
I won't spin my guitar, my main guitar is an Epiphone Dot semi hollow, if it falls ot won't bounce, it'll split. I won't spin my Ibanez Jetking because its too pretty, and I won't spin my squire because there are too many memories to that guitar.

I def. won't spin my acoustic because that doesn't even have a strap.
rofl jackass
gear.

Schecter Loomis sig.
Engl fireball.
the highest.

CANNABIZZLE

Lets blaze, put this in your sig if you want to get high.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3X03LOyESrk&mode=related&search=

people just show no respect O_o

maybe guitars whould always come without pickups and finish so everyone has to customize his guitar. maybe then they'll notice that they love it too much to throw around with.

i mean cmon. why take the risk O_O
the only way im having my guitar spin is that im holding it while spinning myself ^^

That video amazed me. Slightly.
For these things give thanks at nightfall:The day gone, a guttered torch,A sword tested, the troth of a maid,Ice crossed, ale drunk.-The Hávamál
i've never tried. but at our schools battle of the bands one of the guitarists tried it. now he did have strap locks but the whole metal thing (that holds the strap) fell of his guitar and he smashed it on the ground.
Quote by Nosferatu Man

T-shirts are a sign of degeneration and decline.
Forget it.

I can't even do it with a guitar hero controller, and in no way I'm doing it with a real guitar that's actually worth something.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
Quote by AndrewSchaeffer

Yeah, HE is the one that is stupid.
Carvin DC127+Custom Lacewood Build+Godin SD--->Traynor YCV50BLUE

My Build IT'S DONE!
one time, i was playing my friends jackson dkmg and i was tellin him how i culd do a giutar flip with my guitar (and i actually could). So hes like yeh dude show me, and his strap was terrible and ripped in half during the flip, the guitar went flying and the front side of the paint job was terribley scratched and the pointy part of the headstock broke.

had to pay for the repairs and im never doing guitar flips again.
Spins were kinda novel in the glam videos of the 80's. The novelty wore of quickly too, in the same videos in the 80's.
"I can play pretty fast on an instrument and I can do some pretty dazzling things if I want, but that only goes so far. You know, that's only going to interest people to a certain degree, it only has a certain stimulation." ~Steve Vai~
Back in old country, guitar spins you!
"Good and evil lay side by side as electric love penetrates the sky"
Spins do not look anywhere NEAR cool enough to warrant risking the life of your guitar. Even if they did look cool, it's still a ridiculous idea. Whenever I see someone do a spin, I just think "cliche..."
Page 1 of 2