so last night it was st. patty's and I was the designated driver, it was 2:00 in the morning and I was dropping a friend off at the university and I got a ticket for over $200 dollars for going through a stop sign, at 2 in the morning on a completely open intersection with not a single other car on the road. Does anyone know if this kind of thing is fightable because I have $170 dollars for food for the next 2 months and without it I don't know what to do. I live in Canada by the way.
well you can take them to court, i donno how well taking that to courtwould be because you didrun a stop sign, no ifs or buts about it. I think you could go to court andargue the fact that you were the DD for the night and that you were just dropping one of the people off. Good luck with it though
If you can't win this in court, you need to make your friends help pay for it. It was your own fault regardless, but you were being the responsible one for THEM.
mmmk.
what do you do when you take it to court, does the person who gave me the ticket have to be there because if so there's no way I'll get out of it. The women who pulled me over was a psycho bitch, she was yelling at me for going through a stop sign at 2 in the morning, I said, "it's 2 in the morning my friend is sick, I'm designated driver, my record is clean, in normal daytime I would have used common sense and stopped". Well she snapped and I'm sitting wondering what the hell is wrong with this lady, and then she says, "Don't get out of the car, it's for your own security". I had no clue what that meant and it turns out she meant she'll hit me with a nightstick if I get out of the car, good thing I didn't. Girls are all so cute and awsome and then someone like this comes along completely ruining my faith in women. well that's my rant.

as well I should say that I didn't give her any attitude at all, I was just very confused as to why she was so pissed off.
Last edited by farcry at Mar 18, 2007,
man that effing blows
My Facebook

MAIN Gear:

Jackson Pro Rhoads

AMP:

Head: Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier BLACK FACE

Cab: Mesa Boogie 4x12 Road King Slant
doont go through red lights dum ass.
that would solve all your problems
well just go to court and tell them you wont to fight the fine of the$200 and just explain to them thesituation as nice as possible. But that woman had no right to be going ape $hit on you like that. You possibly could say she threatened you ( i donno kind of by how you explained it) and yeah just tell em youwanto fight it andyes they have to be in court i do believe, but i could be wrong
you should have got out the car, let her hit you with the nightstick and take her to court for assult or unnecessary violence being used where it wasnt needed

cant help with the traffic ticket, but get your friends to help you with paying it
Quote by Zangetsu 101
Girl (Ned/chav) annoying me on the bus.

Me "Have you ever bled out your arse-hole?"

Her: Facial expression was priceless - "What??! Noo!"

Me: "Well if you want to keep it that way, **** off."

She then turned away and whimpered.
Quote by farcry
so last night it was st. patty's and I was the designated driver, it was 2:00 in the morning and I was dropping a friend off at the university and I got a ticket for over $200 dollars for going through a stop sign, at 2 in the morning on a completely open intersection with not a single other car on the road. Does anyone know if this kind of thing is fightable because I have $170 dollars for food for the next 2 months and without it I don't know what to do. I live in Canada by the way.

Mine was $400 for carpool, plus court fees. Ask them to set up a payment system. $25-50 buck a month like I did.
Quote by brodo
doont go through red lights dum ass.
that would solve all your problems

it was a stop sign on an empty intersection.
you probably should have stopped anyway, just to be safe.

and idk how it is there, but here if a cop is treating you with disrespect, yelling at you, and just not being nice and friendly about the situation (which by the sounds of it is what happend to you), you can get their name and badge number and take that to court as well.
Gear:
Electric
Yamaha RGX520
Fender Strat HSS

Acoustic
1952 Martin and Co 00-18.
Yamaha FGX730SCA

Amp
Fender Twin Reverb
Fender Amp FM25 DSP

Pedals
Boss DS-1