Hey guys im in a bit of a problem, for one of my projects at college is to design a front cover to a magazine, and since i play the guitar i thought why not make a guitar magazine, so anyway this is the problem, i have found a fire background that i want on the background of my magazine so all i want to know is, how do you apply the background on to it.

any help much appreciated thanks
...er, could you be more specific? Copy/paste, I should think. Onto a layer below everything eles.
If it's something you found on the net, right click the picture then click copy. Open your new project then paste the picture on it.
Make a new project, copy the fire image to the project (this will be the background) and transfer the other work over on top.
Google layer masks +photoshop

That'll help
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Kensai
Google layer masks +photoshop

That'll help

Layer masks are just complicating things. Its a simple copy, ctrl + v procedure. And then a bit of changing the order of layers.
Quote by umop-3p!sdn
Layer masks are just complicating things. Its a simple copy, ctrl + v procedure. And then a bit of changing the order of layers.

Well if he's going to do anything more advanced than putting stuff on a background, I recommend layer masks. He might want to fade stuff in with eachother e.t.c.
████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████