I just installed the emg-zw set in my ESP LTD F-50. Everything is wired exactly as the diagram shows with the exception of extending a few wires here and there so that they would reach. My guitar has one tone an one volume with a gibson style three way switch in between them. For some reason they are not working. I've took out the pickups to make sure the quick connect cable is in and it is. The online wiring guide said not to connect the ground wire coming from the bridge area because the emg-zw were self grounding so i didnt. Thats one of the ideas i had about what wrong though. Can anyone help me PLEASE!!!!!????

heres the diagram...http://www.emginc.com/downloads/wiringdiagrams/ZWset.pdf
The ground wire isnt wrong, i just did this on my guitar and it works just fine. You obviously screwed up somewhere else. Are you sure your battery works?
Gear
Epiphone Les Paul 100
Ibanez Jump Start
Fender Acoustic
Ibanez Tone Blaster 100 Head
Hartke 412 Cab
Boss Chromatic Tuner Pedal
Boss Noise Suppressor
Ibanez Weaping Demon
Did you replace the pots? They need to be 25K for active pickups.

Maybe you messed up on wiring the output jack.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
I don't mean to segway, but I have a question too. The treble pickup is the bridge and the rhythm pickup is the neck right?
Fender 60th MIA Strat
Epiphone Les Paul Plus

Peavey JSX

Rockman Stereo Echo
Rockman Sustainor 200
2 Rockman 12-Band EQs
Rockman Stereo Chorus
RE-20 Space Echo
fulltone Clyde Standard wah

*No Advertising*
the zw set comes with 25k pots and i bought brand new batteries. All the joints are good too. I wonder if extending some of the wires (like the fuse thing) messed it up?
yep, pictures would help
Current Rig:

Ibanez GRG270dx
DOD 40watt amp (don't know the model)
Dunlop Crybaby (moded)

I know it's sad but it'll do for now.

Member of the Nasi Lemak Appreciation Club!
ok...apparently i'm the worlds biggest dumb ass...i figured out the problem and they sound amazing...thanks for the help...if u want to know what it was...i remembered the red wire coming from the pickups getting snagged on something...sure enough i checked again and the quick connect was unplugged in both pups...thanks again for helping me out
^ Pwned.

But seriously, did the quick connect come completly unplugged, or did it just come loose?
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
completely unplugged...when i took the pickups out, the wire was at the bottom of the cavity