Hi there,

I want to expand my music beyond just acoustic/vox... i need some drums in there. I've had a search around for drum programs, but i'd like to get some opinions.

I use Adobe Audition to record and edit all my tracks. What's the best drum looping program out there that is relatively easy to use??

I just want good, natural sounding drums for folk/acoustic rock kind of stuff.

Cheers.

htpp://www.olivergoldingmusic.com
acoustica beatcraft. i use it for my drums, and it has many more samples than i use.
Too cool for a signature.
fruityloops has alright samples, but you can get some really great sounds if you tweak around with the reverb and eq a lot
Groove Agent, BFD, EZ Drummer, Addictive Drums. There are plenty of good drum softwares out there that include MIDI grooves alongside some great samples.
Quote by Jackolas
^

Are any of those free and how do they compare to beatcraft?

None of those are free but a few of them, EZ Drummer and Addictive Drums, aren't too expensive. As far as the sample content goes they blow any free software/sample set right out of the water. Grooves I couldn't tell you because I've only auditioned about 2% of the available MIDI grooves in my BFD (I tend to program all my drums from scratch) but what is there so far has been very well put together and all the basic grooves come in at least 8 different variations with another 8 fills.
Are there any drum programs that would allow you to specifically write out the drum parts, rather than using loops? For example, Guitar Pro allows you to write out drum parts in standard notation/tab, but you can't export it as a file. Is there anything like that which would allow you to export it to midi or .wav or whatever other filetype?
Quote by Cedence
Are there any drum programs that would allow you to specifically write out the drum parts, rather than using loops? For example, Guitar Pro allows you to write out drum parts in standard notation/tab, but you can't export it as a file. Is there anything like that which would allow you to export it to midi or .wav or whatever other filetype?

All of the apps/sample sets I mentioned above integrates in your recording app. and allows you to play back any MIDI files you create using the samples they have. I always program my drums in Guitar Pro, export as MIDI, and then use the samples I have (BFD these days) to get the sounds I need.
ezdrummer is absolutely amazing and works as explained in the post before me. it needs to be used inside a sequencer.

Adam
Quote by ollie_12318
my grandma is dying and my mum wants me to play something on bass for her, any body got any suggestions?!

Quote by splinter26
another one bites the dust has a pretty cool bass line