i listened to one, and it sounds cool!

it has the cool super bassy sound to it, but i wonder...

would this actually come in use for me, or would it just be something to mess around with (for metal and classic rock)?

im am in NO way saying im going to buy one, just asking a simple question.

thanks!
It would surely give you a unique sound, along with your strat, wah and muff, you could create a very close Jimi Hendrix sound, and It;s good for metal.
Quote by NoneMoreBlack
It would surely give you a unique sound, along with your strat, wah and muff, you could create a very close Jimi Hendrix sound, and It;s good for metal.

yeah thats what i was thinking, but the muff is already dropped two octaves.

i was thinking this w/ the ds-1 or the MM.
im not even sure of any models of octave pedals, can someone point me in the right direction so i can check em out?
and the big muff, i just want to check out an octavizer that just makes the octave noise.

dont say the whammy.
Quote by Arlabester
yeah thats what i was thinking, but the muff is already dropped two octaves.

i was thinking this w/ the ds-1 or the MM.

THE BIG / METAL MUFF is not dropped anything at all, they are just fuzz / distortion pedals they do not alter pitch
Most octave pedals give you one octave higher, like the Octavia and it's clones.
The only one I know of which goes lower is the MXR Blue Box, which is friggin weird...
Quote by eisaac
THE BIG / METAL MUFF is not dropped anything at all, they are just fuzz / distortion pedals they do not alter pitch

the big muff is dropped two octaves.

thats why its so bassy.

are there any pedals that JUST drop octaves?
i know Boss has those Super Shifter and Octaver pedals you might want to check out
Epiphone Goth Les Paul Studio
Ibanez SA120
Peavey Raptor EXP
Takamine Electric Acoustic
Boss CS-3
Boss DD-6
Boss TU-2
Boss MT-2 (For use with my Vox)
MXR M-108 10-Band Eq
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Peavey JSX Head
Vox AD50VT
how is the oc-2?

are there any better octaves for the price?

bah! its got a distortion feature.

its got something that im not gonna use. are there any just octaves that drop octaves? any of them?
Last edited by Arlabester at Mar 18, 2007,
Quote by Arlabester
how is the oc-2?

are there any better octaves for the price?

bah! its got a distortion feature.

its got something that im not gonna use. are there any just octaves that drop octaves? any of them?

If the distortion feature is optional, could you not just turn it off, and then you'd have it there if you every wanted it?
President of the Guitarists Born In 1991 Club. PM blues rocker or I to join

Quote by RadioHead22
I love you greendayguitar
In a non- gay, awkward-man-hug way
Quote by greendayguitar
If the distortion feature is optional, could you not just turn it off, and then you'd have it there if you every wanted it?

that is true, but i just dont want to pay for a feature i wont use, but ill think about it.

as of now my biggest issue is the f!cking oscellation.

looks like a ns-2 will need to be purchased.

damn.
Quote by Arlabester
are there any just octaves that drop octaves? any of them?

Digitech whammy is pretty much your only option.

There are no analog pedals which will give a clean octave up/down.
Have you looked at any Danelectro pedals? They might have an octaver without distortion built in..

Although, I would think distortion built in could be a neat feature just to have for the sake of having, just in case.
President of the Guitarists Born In 1991 Club. PM blues rocker or I to join

Quote by RadioHead22
I love you greendayguitar
In a non- gay, awkward-man-hug way
Quote by Arlabester
the big muff is dropped two octaves.

thats why its so bassy.

are there any pedals that JUST drop octaves?

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or if you really believe that???

If it was an octave pedal, GGG would have it in the octave section on their site, and EHX would call it an octave pedal on their site...

http://www.generalguitargadgets.com/index.php?option=content&task=view&id=27&Itemid=52
http://ehx.com/ehx2/Default.asp?q=f&f=%2FCatalog%2F04%5FDistortion%2F04%5FBig%5FMuff%5FPi

Are you looking for a drop down, or up octave?

The octavia is a fantastic up octave pedal. I built the GGG version and I love it. Combine it with a Fuzz and the harmonics sound amazing. Check the GGG site for clips of the octavia.
Hai UG!
I have an octaver and i use it quite a bit for pink floyd, and some rhcp. Metallica uses them too but i hardly play metallica. For me anyway it comes into more use than i thought it would have. Makes a nice addition to your sound as well and comes in very handy for originals because not many people use it so its still unique.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
The mxr blue box is supposed to be pretty crazy, its a 2 octave down fuzz
Quote by CowsWithGuns
And the facade of heterosexualism in the punk and ska forum came crashing down like a fat girl falling off a balcony...
Nope the BM is a just a really deep/heavy fuzz.

^ The mxr blue box is the only good one that comes to mind.
Hai UG!
oh... i didnt know that.

well i want an octavizer that just drops octaves, and doesnt add any dirt.
Quote by L_Z_Nut

^ The mxr blue box is the only good one that comes to mind.

It's a little bit too 'out there' to be useful, IMO.

It's good when used with moderation.

Listen to 'Fool in the rain' (the solo) to hear what it sounds like.