Hey everyone, I'm looking at a new guitar, and I was looking at the ESP LTD KH-202, it seems like a decent guitar for the price and I was wondering your opinions of it. I'm not worried that most signature models are 3-400 dollars more expensive, I'm looking at this guitar for what it is. So the things I'd like to know, is it a good guitar for what it is? Is basswood a good wood for sustain? Are EMG HZ's really as bad as everyone says? I know they're active where most EMG's are passive(or it may be the other way around?). If so, why? How hard is it to tune with the Floyd Rose, and is it as good as all the hype makes it out to be(I know it's not the actual FR, just licensed)? And lastly, whats the difference between a licensed FR and an actual FR?
Member #4 of the I hate "only" threads group

Quote by snow blind
i tryed to smash a guitar once... but it just flew up right back into my face and smashed me

Quote by Kiffa
Surely you can shove a wireless into an effects board, run about, stop and make weird noises, run again.
The HZ's are passive and all the others are active ;P
And just like many people on here would suggest, go to a guitar shop if you can and try one
Originally posted by: rich sg
And God said unto Jesus: "Son, is there anything you want to talk about?"
And Jesus replied: "Get off my back, Dad! Judas Priest your such a frickin' homophobe! FACE!"
And so Jesus was crucified.
That's my main problem with this, here in Jackson, there's only two guitar shops, and neither one carries LTDs, then the closest major guitar shop is Guitar Center in Memphis, which is 70 some odd miles from me. Other than that there's a bigger guitar shop in Nashville, which is 200+ miles from me, so finding one to play with is going to be difficult.
Member #4 of the I hate "only" threads group

Quote by snow blind
i tryed to smash a guitar once... but it just flew up right back into my face and smashed me

Quote by Kiffa
Surely you can shove a wireless into an effects board, run about, stop and make weird noises, run again.
i would look at ibanez RG's if i were you. Even though im an ESP/LTD fan, the low end ones just dont cut it. The Ibanez RG's do come in basswood (if thats what you want) and a much more stable edge trem. You'd probably want to change the HZ in the long run.
Peavey 5150, LTD EX400BD, tubescreamer, and a whole lotta fingers
HZ's i find are just week and thin sounding, had them in a slsmg soloist I used to have..I love that guitar but you gotta releaize its not good for the money, its kh's name..which makes it expensive, any 400 series or 500 ltd series is a beast...and would probly cost close to it