I bought this guitar for $175 at my local guitar/drum shop. I only bought it because it has a floyd rose that i wanted to have experience with and because it was such a good deal for what the shop owner says is a great guitar. This looks like a different floyd rose though. It might just be an older one. Is this a different kind of FR or is it just old? Thanks.. PS: It is a Yamaha RGX612S

"See, you're born punk. When you get your first haircut, then you're alternative. Then you let it grow long, then you're metal." - Kirk Hammett
That looks very weird...does it even go backwards? From those pictures, the pocket looks very shallow.
Axe FX 2
Matrix GT1000FX
Mesa 4x12
Behringer FCB1010
Yeah I can raise the pitch a bit. And when I unlock the locking nut, I can just tune and not have to unlock anything at the bridge.. Atleast I don't think I do on this..
"See, you're born punk. When you get your first haircut, then you're alternative. Then you let it grow long, then you're metal." - Kirk Hammett
It certainly looks like a "early" Floyd Rose trem.
Axe FX 2
Matrix GT1000FX
Mesa 4x12
Behringer FCB1010
Yamaha FR or OLLLLD school floyd, but still great to learn from it. They are basically all the same thing.
Where would they label floyd rose? Its not on the headstock or the bridge..