Stack - head and cab, definately. Combos weigh a ****in ton and they're a pain in the ass to haul. You can roll the cab with the head on top of it, and each of em will weigh less seperately than the combo would if you need to carry them.
cheers

i probably wont be getting them soon but im looking forward to see what to save up for

also would those two i posted go together?
Well. Firstly, do you have the capabilities to get a stack around to gigs and practices? If I had a stack, I would only be able to go to practice in my dad's truck, which would limit me to when I could go, because a half stack won't fit in my mom's car. Whereas my 212 combo fits perfectly in both vehicles.

Don't just think about the super duper awesome looking coolness of a half stack. You have to be ale to transport it, as well.

Just my two cents, though.
President of the Guitarists Born In 1991 Club. PM blues rocker or I to join

Quote by RadioHead22
I love you greendayguitar
In a non- gay, awkward-man-hug way
people will be moaning "oooh you dont NEED a half stack unless you're playng massive gigs" but it's all down to what YOU want dude
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Quote by Yngwi3
people will be moaning "oooh you dont NEED a half stack unless you're playng massive gigs" but it's all down to what YOU want dude

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying he should get one unless he's gigging. My other guitarist has a half stack as well. I'm just warning him, that they're a little bigger to carry to and from practice and gigs. Unless he has a relatively large vehicle (truck or van type of idea), that he should get a combo. He can always add a cab to it, or trade it in later on.

Edit: And I just realized that you probably weren't even talking about my post...

But I stand by it none the less
President of the Guitarists Born In 1991 Club. PM blues rocker or I to join

Quote by RadioHead22
I love you greendayguitar
In a non- gay, awkward-man-hug way
I'de get a Head and a 212 cab... i have head with a 212 cab and i cant fit my amp, effects and 1 (maybe 2) guitars in my mums mini one so...
Main Gear:

Santiago S3 Spanish Classical
PRS CE22 Mahogany
Mesa/Boogie F-50 combo w/ G12K-100
Teese RMC Wizard Wah
Rothwell Switchblade
Ibanez FL-9
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus V2
EHX SMMwH