I'm thinking of buying an electric bass guitar, i already have an electric guitar and amp.
Is it possible to connect a bass guitar to a normal amp? What happens if I do so?
cant we get a sticky on this?
theres soo many of these threads everyday!

if you play loud, amp = broke
Quote by Nemesis260
police is logical. or do your duty and rape him back

GEAR:
Laney BH150
Marshall B150
Line6 Spider II 15
BOSS HM-2 Heavy Metal (80's!)
Epi SG Special
Peavey Milestone III
Quote by Seek and annoy
I'm thinking of buying an electric bass guitar, i already have an electric guitar and amp.
Is it possible to connect a bass guitar to a normal amp? What happens if I do so?

Calling a guitar amp "normal" in the bass forum. Not a good idea.
I don't think a thread should be sticked even if it annoys the hell out of us. It's more work for the mods too. Using the search button is so simple, yet so underrated

Keep it at a low volume and it'll be fine.
signature
You have a lot of friggin' nerve calling a guitar amp a 'normal' amp. That sums up the 13-year old guitar hero ignorance that plagues the world these days. Pathetic.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Quote by thefitz
You have a lot of friggin' nerve calling a guitar amp a 'normal' amp. That sums up the 13-year old guitar hero ignorance that plagues the world these days. Pathetic.

The irony of his name makes me giggle. Mission accomplished man, mission accomplished.

Bass is just too special for a "normal" amp. You can put a little bit of special through it, but too much special and your "normal" amp will become "normal" junk.
Quote by MetalUpTheAss
Sounds to me like an excuse.

"Honey, I've got to buy a new bass! This diamond is made of a dead guy! I made him a promise!"

Most Bitter/Cynical member of the Bass Militia. PM DinkyDaisy to join.
Ha yeah, I never thought of it in terms of 'special' and 'normal', but I thought it was 'abnormal' and 'normal'.

But you may be onto something... perhaps he is breaking our balls/ovaries?
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Ya u can i did a gig like that but like arldy said if u crank it it will blow.Sometimes even if u dont crank it still might.
Quote by Damaged Roses
I don't really understand why basses have 24 frets, I mean, I've never seen a bassist playing more than the 12 fret.

My Gear-
Warwick Double Buck
Epiphone EB0
GK MB 210
Fender Rumble
NOOO BASS IS WEEERD AND IT IS TOO WEEERD TO BE IN NORMAL MUSIC LOL GO BAK TO CLASSEKAL MUSIK LOL WHAI DO U THINK U R ALWAYS TURN DOWN LOL ET ISS WORST THAN THOSE FART TRUMPEETS IN SUBLIME MUSIK

Srsly tho, DO NOT EVER, EVER, EVER PLUG YOUR BASS INTO A GUITAR AMP!
You WILL blow the speaker. NO EXEPTIONS.

.... EVER
well since everyone is getting on you, i won't yell at you
But really i did the same thing and you should honestly buy a bass amp
c'mon you can get a nice one thats loud for under 150 (aka crates)
youll still want to play the guitar on the guitar amp
and if you don't take my advice you won't be playing at all
because your guitar amp will break from the bass trust me, if you really don't want to
go and get a bass amp, just play quietly, but don't get into a band
with bass cause it will be quiet and useless.
-Member of the Bass Militia-

My gear:

Fender Standard Jazz Bass
Austin P-Style Bass
Hondo Strat
Digitech RP 100 artist
Crate Bx-25
Crate Gt-15

Quote by thefitz

But you may be onto something... perhaps he is breaking our balls/ovaries?

Owww, my ovaries...

And Fast Bear, it can be done at very low volumes. You just don't want to allow the amplitude of the signal to exceed the excursion the speaker is designed for. And it'll still sound like poo.
Quote by MetalUpTheAss
Sounds to me like an excuse.

"Honey, I've got to buy a new bass! This diamond is made of a dead guy! I made him a promise!"

Most Bitter/Cynical member of the Bass Militia. PM DinkyDaisy to join.
Yeah at low volumes it is fine, but tone sucks majorly, and yeah search button please
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!