Hey all, since I can never keep the same gear for 5 months without getting sick of it and/or wanting something new, I've decided I need a new cab.

Now, don't get me wrong, I love Ashdown, but there is better out there. My problem is my 4x10 "Deep" (which turns out, is the 2nd thinnest cabinet I've ever seen at 16 and a 1/2") just can't handle any low end. My little GK 2x10 puts out quite a bit more low end, and it just so happens that it's 18" deep.

So, it's time for a new cab. I'd rather have a 4x10 because my sound is more punch than bass, but if a 1x15" has enough punch, I'll consider it. So far I've considered the Carvin BR 4x10, 800w capacity, same dimensions as my Ashdown except it's 2" deeper, and it's only $330 on sale direct from Carvin. I've also been considering a GK 4x10 and Hartke's 4x10's, almunium cone or paper, either will do.

My price limit depends on what I get for the gear I'm trading in which will be my Ashdown Mag 4x10, GK Backline 2x10 and Pocket Metal Muff pedal. I'll be searching eBay for good deals, but I'd rather buy new. Since I can't afford weekly trips to any guitar shops due to gas prices I figure I'd do the next best thing and ask you fellers.

I'll be needing a cab that is gig worthy, can handle at least..oh I don't know...400 watts preferably. No bigger then a 4x10 and under...let's say...$450 USD.

So to shorten it all up, I need a 4x10 with more bass, or a 1x15 with lots of punch.

Thanks in advance.
-Fender Deluxe Active P-bass (60th anniversary)
-Peavey T-40 (1982)
-Hartke HA-3500
-Aguilar GS 2x12
-GK Backline 2x10
The Hartke XL410 has a **** load of punch as it has aluminium cones. I am saving up for buying their cheaper version, which is a very nice cab. It can handle 400watts at 8 Ohms

http://www.samsontech.com/products/productpage.cfm?prodID=35&brandID=3

Edit: Over here in the UK (I assume you're american) they are about £500 I think. But as everything is piss cheap for you compared to here, I can't see it being more than say $600 (?) at a guess
Quote by hatebreed219
No bigger then a 4x10.

I was looking at that Hartke, how's the low end on it? I need a 4x10 that can handle some bass.
-Peavey T-40 (1982)
-Hartke HA-3500
-Aguilar GS 2x12
-GK Backline 2x10
That Carvin cab is a very good deal.

Don't forget to check out Avatar cabs as well.

EDIT: Here's the Avatar I've been drooling over recently:

http://www.avatarspeakers.com/B410%20NEO.htm
Quote by MetalUpTheAss
Sounds to me like an excuse.

"Honey, I've got to buy a new bass! This diamond is made of a dead guy! I made him a promise!"

Most Bitter/Cynical member of the Bass Militia. PM DinkyDaisy to join.
Last edited by canadianpunk071 at Mar 18, 2007,
See I'd love to get the Carvin but I've never seen then in guitar shops before so I don't know how well they sound. I've been looking at the Avatar's as well. I saw a 2x12 that caught my attention. At least..I think it was an Avatar.

EDIT: Daaamn, I'm digging that tolex. I'd so get the orange or red if I got that cab. That is pimp.

EDIT: EDIT: Oh snap, there's that 2x12. I might have to get that...i'ts only $300. I know someone in here owns that cabinet too. But who?
-Peavey T-40 (1982)
-Hartke HA-3500
-Aguilar GS 2x12
-GK Backline 2x10
Last edited by hatebreed219 at Mar 18, 2007,
The Avatars all get absolutely glowing reviews, I have yet to come across anyone who was unhappy with an Avatar cab.

As for the Carvin, I've never played through one either (direct shipment has its disadvantages), but again, I don't think I've heard a bad thing about Carvin amps/cabs.
Quote by MetalUpTheAss

"Honey, I've got to buy a new bass! This diamond is made of a dead guy! I made him a promise!"

Ok, I think I'll be getting the 2x12 in orange. I'm in love already. 500w rating, 4 ohm, same basic demensions as my cab. And...it's fricken orange.
-Peavey T-40 (1982)
-Hartke HA-3500
-Aguilar GS 2x12
-GK Backline 2x10
Haha, sweet. Apparently the 2x12 has more upper mid presence and less bass and low mids than the 4x10, so bear that in mind.
Quote by MetalUpTheAss