I wonder if you guys know if there's a huge difference between classic 79 ML and Darrell's signature. Is it just the pick-up thing, the dimebucker (something like that), or is the neck shaped differently, has a completly different feel.

I'm looking for a Dean and I'm not sure if I have to go for the darrell signature to get a more metal sound, assuming I'd change the stock pick-ups on the classic ML.

And since I shred, I don't know if the ML 79 will fit. I know this may sound stupid but I don't know much about Dean guitars. i guess the neck is fast but still want to have some advices.
ZZZOMG!!!
FUZION

Quote by jimmy, the one
I haven't played anything except Master of puppets by Metallica
They're death metal arent they?

{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-
O RLY?
Do you mean the Dean from Hell? Cos that was basically like a stock ML, only with a lightning bolt paintjob. He replaced the bridge pickup and put in a floyd rose. And he got it in the early 80's, I think, maybe even before that. So it should be pretty close.
Wel, yeah the CFH and the tribute ML.
ZZZOMG!!!
FUZION

Quote by jimmy, the one
I haven't played anything except Master of puppets by Metallica
They're death metal arent they?

{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-
O RLY?
all his original MLs were just stock he modified them with floyds and he used alot of different P/Us but the revearse bill lawerance sounded the best to me
my gear//
GUITARS
ESP Horizon Custom
ESP M202BB
ESP HB300
Gibson LP Custom
Gibson V
AMPS
Orange Rockverb 50
Mesa Triple Recti
Marshall JCM800 2210