Newsage

Some of you may remember that the other day there was a thread about a 16 year old lad from the Democratic Republic of Congo (I think) who lived in London, and was murdered. Ring any bells?

Well today there has been another stabbing (see link at top), and as much as I don't want to take anything away from the fact that people shouldn't be murdered, there was a line on this article that really annoyed me. It read:
Quote by Sky News
Adam, like Kodgo, was black.

And that was it. On a line all by itself, was that statement. Now it seems to me that Sky News are trying to make out that there is some link between these murders, and that it is all to do with the race of these two lads. This is stupid. they are essentially insinuating that there is some racist killer on the loose, which is ridiculous. If these killings are 'gang related' (like everything in London seems to be at the moment), then I can't sere what it has to do with race. Unless the two gangs are called 'The Whites', and 'The Blacks'.

Sorry about the lengthy rant, but it just got on my nerves. I'm such a miserable git.
Member of UG's Tubgirl Virgins Club

Last.fm
They're just trying to get people to buy their papers the morons.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
sensationalism
When I hit 'em from the back, I got them mami's saying dammit man.

When I put it in their mouth, I got them mami's saying duh-huh-huh-muhh.
It somewhy reminds me of the Westside story.

Anyway, You cant know that their is no connection between the murders.
So i say, lets let them enjoy the doubt.
For long you live and high you fly
But only if you ride the tide
And balanced on the biggest wave
You race toward an early grave.

Ben Hamelech
Sorry to sound really typical, but **** murdoch.

That statement you highlighted is ridiculous.

I feel that this sort of crime is only gonna get worse and pushed even further downward (in a bad way) as the media makes out its "us" vs "them" also fueling stereotyping on both sides and two way racism.
Sky news is pretty bad thats why.
Tears in waves, minds on fire
Nights alone by your side
It's official....We've hit rock bottom. Is it possible that humanity can get any worse?
Quote by GodofGuitar1991
you are a real guitarist when you are not ashamed about masturbating to musicians friend magazine.
Would they have said "Adam, like whats-his-face, was white" if he were Caucasian?

Me thinks not.
Quote by goth clash
It's official....We've hit rock bottom. Is it possible that humanity can get any worse?

"Hell, England"
On a lighter note, apparently Flintoff has been ditched from the England squad. I don't know why, but I find that quite funny.

Last.fm
All of the shootings/stabbings I've read about in London of late have involved black people. Whether that reflects reality or it's selective reporting on the part of news organisations, I don't know. I know that there have been/are projects specifically targetted at gun crime in the black community.
Looks like the whites are winning. Why is it all the reports of murders that make it onto news sites are of black guys? im sure white guys get killed occasionally too. Dam racist news sites.
My Gear:
Epiphone SG
Vintage SG
Stagg Strat (With replaced hardware and a Duncan Invader )
Hohner Strat
No name Acoustic
Jim Dunlop Crybaby
Boss MT-2
Boss DS-1
Roland Cube 60
Wires and patch cords and stuff..
I don't mean to sound bigotted, but when they do the news from where the crime happened, most of the people there are black. Maybe it's just black areas?

Actually, now that I think about it, wherever they do a news story, it's mostly people of one race. Unintentional segregation anyone?

Last.fm
Quote by flambe chicken
Newsage

Some of you may remember that the other day there was a thread about a 16 year old lad from the Democratic Republic of Congo (I think) who lived in London, and was murdered. Ring any bells?

Well today there has been another stabbing (see link at top), and as much as I don't want to take anything away from the fact that people shouldn't be murdered, there was a line on this article that really annoyed me. It read:

And that was it. On a line all by itself, was that statement. Now it seems to me that Sky News are trying to make out that there is some link between these murders, and that it is all to do with the race of these two lads. This is stupid. they are essentially insinuating that there is some racist killer on the loose, which is ridiculous. If these killings are 'gang related' (like everything in London seems to be at the moment), then I can't sere what it has to do with race. Unless the two gangs are called 'The Whites', and 'The Blacks'.

Sorry about the lengthy rant, but it just got on my nerves. I'm such a miserable git.

It isn't implying that it was a racist killing, it was just pointing out that most of the recent young murder victims in London recently have been black.

As a side note, we (me and my friends) think the two guys who did that stabbing also tried to mug one of my friends and then actually did mug a group of them later on. Fucking cunts.
Is it still a God Complex if I really am God?

America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
Quote by goth clash

Obviously, just wait a few more years.
Beauty Supreme

Yeah you were right about me
jeez when is it all gonna stop? i hope my cousin paul over there doesn't encounter these guys!