Hey I'm new to this and I was just wondering if you guys could help me pick out my next guitar. I play in two bands, one is acoustic/rock/indi and the other is rock/classic rock. I play many different types of music and I was looking at the fender american strat and tele and the gibsoin menace. What do you guys think of these guitars for the type of music that I play? And I'm also open to suggestions.
i think an american strat would be good for the styles you listed. but it depends on your price range.
when im with you, there's nothing I wouldn't do, i just wanna be you're only one. im gasping out of straws, taken aback by what i saw that night before when we were all alone...
american strat +1
[IMG]http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/9148/dawhip005jf4.jpg[/IMG]

Quote by SuperSamuraiGuy
Thanks for answering all my question ssguitar

JCM900 FOR SELL!
you should try both and see which one feels better for you and as far as tone whos your favourite guitarist and what guitars do they use but for me i would definetely get the strat
Well, in each genre you'll see a Gibson way more in rock/classic rock. I don't know of many hard rockers that used a Strat, I mean, besides Clapton or the dude who's name of his strat is Blackie.

I'm a Gibson loyalist, so I'll promote them, but the Strat is cheaper
Quote by geehumshriber
Well, in each genre you'll see a Gibson way more in rock/classic rock. I don't know of many hard rockers that used a Strat, I mean, besides Clapton or the dude who's name of his strat is Blackie.

I'm a Gibson loyalist, so I'll promote them, but the Strat is cheaper

tons of rockers (pete townshend, john fru) use strats religiously and its clapton whose strat is named blackie
anyways, i say that you go for the strat, because its great for folk rock indie, and its sold for classic rock, especially bluesy classic rock
if you look at gibson, the only one i have played and liked was an SG, but i say the fender ftw
Guitar
Ernie Ball Music Man Silhouette Special
Washburn WI64
Martin D-15
Amps
1960s Harmony
Rocktron/Egnater TOL 50 2x12
Rivera Chubster 55
FX
Fulltone OCD v.1
Keeley TS808
Voodoo Labs Superfuzz
Wilson WH10
Boss DD-20
Check out fat strats and other LP models. They might suit you better
Board:
Pitchblack - Fulltone Octafuzz - Hardwire OD - Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina - MXR Micro Chorus - Diamond Memory Lane Jr - EHX SMMH - Neunaber Wet
well my favorite guitarists are probably slash, David Gilmour, Hendrix, Quinn, Buckethead, and Yngwie Malmsteen. I should have around 1300-1500 Canadian to spend.
Fat Strat (humbucker at the bridge) for maximum versatility. If I could only have one guitar, that would be it.

Tele, if the indie/acoustic thing is more of what you really want to do. Maybe even have a look at the Mustang or Jaguar from Fender for those styles. Especially if you plan for this to be one of many guitars.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.