okay, so after seeing that video someone posted 2weeks ago, i decided to try to make my own talk box. i got it all together and pretty air tight, but when i plug it into my headphone spot(i dont have an effects loop...plan to make one soon) i can only hear the sound in the enclosure...i put a bunch pieces of towels inside the enclosure and have a little channel that goes from the speaker to the tube hole, i think the problem is that i took a short cut and for the encloseure i just have the speaker case that was originally with the speaker and just flipped the speaker around and screwed it back in so the, i guess, magnet end of my speaker is sticking out...the rest of the stuff is covered with duct tape to make it air tight

any help would be greatly appriciated...i can post a picture if you would like

edit...pictures

Guitars
Agile 3100 Lp with Floyd Rose @ SD classic blues pups
Epiphone Les Paul 100
Old B.C. Rich NJ Series
Home Built Stratocaster
1/2 Ovation Trekker
olp
Amps
Bugera 5w class a
Pedals
Digitech Tone Driver Overdrive
dunlop 535q
Last edited by TreeOfHalfLife at Mar 18, 2007,
shortly i'm going to be making a tutorial for perfecting this, but for now. when i first built mine i tried to hook it up through the headphone output like you did, and had the same problem. I just had to take the wires going to the speaker and run it to a jack, essentially turning it into just a guitar head. (mine's just a crappy practice amp, i suggest you use the same). Once i hooked up the input from the speaker to that, it worked like a charm. i hope i helped. just ask me for any more help. ps, u can also run the speaker wires through a switch so you can switch from sending the signal to the speaker or the talkbox, so it's still usefull as just an amp.
Quote by Sir-Shoelace
manliest string guage? barbed wire.

Founder Of the UG Slide Player's Guild, PM me If You're Really Feelin' Dem Blues

THE PIT
"better than your average psychiatrist"
okay...so i found a slightly larger box and put a hold for the tube in the top and put my original encloseure inside it and stuffed all around the outside with old pillow filling stuff and taped the lid on and made it semi air tight. this worked out pretty well the sould is coming out louder in the tube then in the box...id say about 80% in the tube and 20% can be heard from the box...works nicely, just need to get a longer tube cause i have to have it real close to me then have it sit on the floor. also would like to mound that circuit board somewhere on the box and add an effects loop to my amp and stuff to make it work better

heres a picture of it...its pretty ghetto...haha

Guitars
Agile 3100 Lp with Floyd Rose @ SD classic blues pups
Epiphone Les Paul 100
Old B.C. Rich NJ Series
Home Built Stratocaster
1/2 Ovation Trekker
olp
Amps
Bugera 5w class a
Pedals
Digitech Tone Driver Overdrive
dunlop 535q
9h37tQ!

I really need to try this out, when I can find the right computer speaker in my house that i won't die if i mutillate.
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.