Ok i have the reisssued version of that 1959? Golden Les paul and i have a problem with my jack.
the jack keeps coming loose and i've tried tightening the nut but literally within minutes its loose again because its against a curved surface i think so it just pops out! hope this helps what do i do?
Quote by B.I.N.
Chord of David, eh?
G Sus, perhaps?
i also want to know this, my case isnt as bad as yours though but i have a sheraton
My Gear:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Epiphone Sheraton II
Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
Teese RMC Picture Wah
MXR Carbon Copy
Keeley Modded TS9
Korg Pitchblack
Schecter Omen 6
Dean Performer Acoustic

You have to hold it still on the inside, or it will just spin around while you tighten it.
yea but our guitars do not have a jackplate to get to the inside, see our dilemna ?
My Gear:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Epiphone Sheraton II
Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
Teese RMC Picture Wah
MXR Carbon Copy
Keeley Modded TS9
Korg Pitchblack
Schecter Omen 6
Dean Performer Acoustic

Quote by WlCmToTheJungle
yea but our guitars do not have a jackplate to get to the inside, see our dilemna ?

There has to be some way into the guitar; so stick you hand in through there.

I guess if you have thin pliers you could stick those into the jack and hold onto the jack so it doesn't spin.
Try buying a different jack cable.

I don't get why, but I upgraded from a cheap cable to a 20 dollar one and it stopped falling out. Just a suggestion!
Hmm.

Is there a cavity you can open on the back in the aptt. place?
Your guitar may be using a barrel style jack input opposed to a normal kind, so a plant waves cable (with the spring loaded jacks) will sort that out.
Main Gear:

Santiago S3 Spanish Classical
PRS CE22 Mahogany
Mesa/Boogie F-50 combo w/ G12K-100
Teese RMC Wizard Wah
Rothwell Switchblade
Ibanez FL-9
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus V2
EHX SMMwH
no but thats not the problem. i DO hold the jack still (with pliers actually) and it DOES tighten on correctly but because the plastic inbetween the nut and the inside of the guitar is separated by a CURVED peice of plastic it keeps coming off!!!!!! its possessed by the devil i tell you!
Quote by B.I.N.
Chord of David, eh?
G Sus, perhaps?
If you tighten the nut down it should not come off.

Is the nut stripped perhaps?

Maybe the jack is stripped out?

As far as I know this is how it should work.

You have the jack, a plastic/rubber O ring and that is pressed on to the wood on one side.

On the other side of the wood (in the cavity) there is a metal washer and then lastly the nut is slipped over. You should just have to hold the jack still while you tighten the nut (in the guitar) and that should be that.

Unless the plastic is broken and keeps slipping off and causing a gap allowing space between the washer and the wood, or, the nut/jack is stripped, I can't see what the problem should be.

If the jack is stripped one can be had at any radio shack for less than $10, just buy it and swap it out. If you aren't comfortable doing it take it in to a guitar shop and explain the problem to them, have it repaired.