This is a little something I started messing around with the other night after playing a little City and Colour. It's not complete. And parts do feel rather... empty.

The tuning is:

High
E
B
G
D
G
D
Low

with a Capo on the 5th fret

EDIT:
New upload is final form, unless I decided to add lead and/or bass. But neither of those are likely. I'll be putting lyrics up soon. Maybe tonight, but that might be hopeful wishing
Attachments:
so goodbye.zip
Spiral Out
Last edited by HumanitysDeath at Mar 18, 2007,
Its pretty good, but i don't see the need for the different tuning, i think it could have been pulled off with just dropped D. But this is of course coming from someone who is too lazy to change the tuning to play your song
Its a little repetitive, and the lack of a lead in most of the song makes me lose interest. Maybe its better with the lyrics, i dunno. Pretty good overall though.
Quote by cool#9
Its pretty good, but i don't see the need for the different tuning, i think it could have been pulled off with just dropped D. But this is of course coming from someone who is too lazy to change the tuning to play your song
Its a little repetitive, and the lack of a lead in most of the song makes me lose interest. Maybe its better with the lyrics, i dunno. Pretty good overall though.

Well, I didn't like randomly come up with the tuning.
The song "Hello, I'm in Delaware" by City and Colour has the same tuning, and a capo on the 4th fret. I just moved the fret up and played around with the chords. However, looking back, I'm sure it probably could've done just fine with Drop-D.

I don't think I'll add lead. Simply because, this isn't a guitar orientated song. I wanted a nice, simple acoustic rhythm, and have focus on vocals. Though, I am still thinking about adding a little bass.
Spiral Out
Pretty good. Sounds pleasant, something you could play with just an guitarist/singer if your camping or something. Easy to play and sing at same time, it looks like. Yes, it sounds a little repetitive but thats not that big of a problem. Nice job.
sounds pretty good, simple but sounded cool and catchy which im guessing you wanted from it. It would definatly sound better with vocals. sounded majestic. shortish though. not too much though. crit mine in sig?
Nice. Obviously it's a song that needs vocals over the top, but I really have no complaints about it. The only thing I would suggest is changing the 5,x,7,0,0,x arpeggio part in that section of arpeggios. It felt like a chord that was going to change where the song was headed, and then when it repeated back to the start of the progression it really needed something different. Maybe another instrument building over the top of it?

The 5,x,7,0,0,3 chord is great by the way.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
I personally really liked it, very simple, yet catchy. And I would love to hear it recorded with vocals over it.

Good work. 8/10.

If there isn't a song of mine you haven't already have critted, would you mind doing so?
Quote by 1201ZJ
Well this calls for a beer, Uncle-Dad Cletus!

Quote by EchoxOath
HAAAAA! Jokes on you! I high fived you with the hand i fapped with!
i don't like the interlude.
it's too sudden a change.

i think the repeated D5 in the chorus
should have some sort of variation,
but i don't really know what to do.

otherwise, i quite liked it.

I just want to sleep forever.

too bad its midi, i would really like to hear this played on an acoustic, really catchy song, but a second guitar would make it even more interesting. good job

mind critting my new song? its on my sig