I'm seeing them live in a little more than a week opening for Dark Tranquillity and The Haunted. I got two albums and haven't been able to really listen yet, but the songs "Embraced by Desolation" and "Severe Emotional Distress" are amazing. The band as a whole seems to be like if all the good aspects of Dream Theater were fused with death metal.
the clean singing is a little cheezy...
but they´re okay
I don't like as i lay dying
I like them quite a lot although they're nothing special. Timeless Winter intro is really good.
Quote by aild2006
the clean singing is a little cheezy...
but they´re okay

A LITTLE?

I think they suck ass, tryin to do too many things all at once and it just sounds faggy.
Ride the dragon toward the crimson eye...

Vaginal Destruction

^ Do you like sludgey stoner/doom? Well then you should try Vaginal Destruction
Quote by Snyper
i enjoy the variety very much

What about the ass grabbing and running around on stage Snyper?

I'm seeing these dudes in about a week and I cannot wait, such great musicians.
Going to see these guys with Dark Tranquillity in a few days, should be awesome. Tim Roth is insane.
RIP RICHARD DUNN
Quote by Teabag of Truth
Going to see these guys with Dark Tranquillity in a few days, should be awesome. Tim Roth is insane.

Seeing the same tour bro.
Luv em. Even if the high singing is a turn-off, you can't realy deny that Stu Block is a skilled vocalist. Tim Roth is crazy as well. Fav. song by them is 'Out'.
This is a great band. I saw them open for Destruction and it was really good. I'd like to see them with Dark Tranquility this Wednesday, but it's not that practical.
Current gear:
LTD MH-301 fitted with EMG 81/60
Ibanez SZ320
Peavey 5150 with JJ tubes
Avatar 4x12 with Warehouse Veteran 30 and British Lead Speakers
Crate XT120R
I love them, but there are already a few threads on them. Their new album took some getting used to, and is quite different than their previous releases. It's a good album, but is no where near the same rank as Buried in Oblivion.
Quote by JimmyTheRipper
The New Haven, CT show on the 27th. You?

Toronto on the 29th. The 27th=my birfday
RIP RICHARD DUNN
Into Eternity are really good... although I never really took the time to get into them much. I only have a few songs, and Timeless Winter would have to be my favourite (simply because of the intro, and the tempo changes. lol)

Tim Roth is a beast.
Last edited by ph3n0m at Mar 19, 2007,
Ive only heard like two songs, Severe Emotional Distress being one and I think theyre pretty good as long as I don't have to watch the singer. Like at the end of the Severe... video, when he sings the last few "Much too cleaaaaaaaaaar"s he does this kinda faggy head bob thing. Otherwise their prettty good.
Member #2 of the "Eggnog > Humanity" club
^^Pm Scourge441 to join

PM MackDaddy or RhinosaurBones to join the Mortal Kombat Klub. That's right, Klub with a K.

Quote by happytimeharry
wow, is that backgammon? Now that's what I call fore play...
Quote by Teabag of Truth
Toronto on the 29th. The 27th=my birfday

Nice. I'll let ya know how the show is.
Regina

[Peter Griffon] Ahahahahahahahahahahahaha[/Peter]

Anyway, had to get that out of the way. One of my favorite bands for sure, the new album isn't really in the same vien as BiO, but oh well it's still good. I don't mind the singing, but that crazy high "balls in a vice" thing gets old and most of the time the song would be find without it.

Both Tim and Stu are good vocalists, Tim is a pretty good guitarist too. Great band all around...plus they are from a place called Regina...can you come from a more cooler place!?!?
All Hail! The Kala-Kala Chieftain!
Quote by JimmyTheRipper
Nice. I'll let ya know how the show is.

And I shall return the favor.
RIP RICHARD DUNN
Quote by liesofautumn
Ive only heard like two songs, Severe Emotional Distress being one and I think theyre pretty good as long as I don't have to watch the singer. Like at the end of the Severe... video, when he sings the last few "Much too cleaaaaaaaaaar"s he does this kinda faggy head bob thing. Otherwise their prettty good.
I thought the singer was a fruit after seeing the head bob and such in that video, but when I saw them with the Haunted and such, he was dead on... great show... cool guys too...

With that said, a lot of the neoclassically bits on the new CD sound very similar and the bass drum triggers sound like a puppy trying to ram its way out of a cardboard box...

But still, a very nice listen overall.
smoosh
Maybe its because Ive only heard a few songs, but I dont understand what the big deal is about the guitarist. I mean he's nothing I havent heard before, and his solos are actually a little lame sometimes. Still, overall pretty good.
^^Pm Scourge441 to join

PM MackDaddy or RhinosaurBones to join the Mortal Kombat Klub. That's right, Klub with a K.

Quote by happytimeharry
I like 'em. I was watchin' Headbanger's Ball a long ass time ago when I first heard a clip of 'em, then last week I saw the vidja for Severe Emotional Distress & I finally know who they are now. I'v also noticed that some of these Canadian bands are ****in' sweet, and I'm wonderin' if these guys are sick of us calling Canada a bunch of pussies.
If you see me in the pit, know that I'm only there because the metal forum is moving slowly.
Quote by Sn^ke

i think nebarskan is a cool guy, eh wears a nile and doesnt afraid of anything

Quote by stanleybach
Aren't you proud to wear that Nile? You don't afraid of anything man!
Yes indeed. Gorguts(who Im not personally into but I seem to be in the minority), Quo Vadis, Cryptopsy, Kataklysm, etc.
^^Pm Scourge441 to join

Quote by happytimeharry