Ok so i got a EB0 lol and i wanted to put some new pickups in it.http://www.guitarcenter.com/shop/product/buy_basslines_vintage_jazz_bass_pickup?full_sku=300318%2e053 would i be able to put them in a EB0?If so how much would it cost to get it done?Wat electronics should i get with it?How much will it cost to get my guitar defretted also?And how will it sound with those pickups in it.O ya and i forgot wat kind of bridge should i get and how muh with it cost to get it put on?If u guys could tell me alot about modding it would help cuz my knoledge of modding is not good.
Quote by Damaged Roses
I don't really understand why basses have 24 frets, I mean, I've never seen a bassist playing more than the 12 fret.

My Gear-
Warwick Double Buck
Epiphone EB0
GK MB 210
Fender Rumble
Last edited by The1bassist06 at Mar 18, 2007,
Broken link.

Why did you buy an EB-0 in the first place if you wanted a fretless bass with different pickups and bridge?
Quote by MetalUpTheAss
Sounds to me like an excuse.

"Honey, I've got to buy a new bass! This diamond is made of a dead guy! I made him a promise!"

Most Bitter/Cynical member of the Bass Militia. PM DinkyDaisy to join.
Quote by canadianpunk071
Broken link.

Why did you buy an EB-0 in the first place if you wanted a fretless bass with different pickups and bridge?

I got it for christmas last year.And i kinda of wanted to start playing fretless.So can u help me now lol
Quote by Damaged Roses
I don't really understand why basses have 24 frets, I mean, I've never seen a bassist playing more than the 12 fret.

My Gear-
Warwick Double Buck
Epiphone EB0
GK MB 210
Fender Rumble
Whell.... you can do it yourself in you really wanted to.

New pickups can go from 10$ to 250$ all depending on the quality you want! But installing new pickups are EXPENSIVE! You will more than likely get ripped off. Like 75$ ripped off.

Defretting probably won't be so bad, it may just take a while. maybe about 150$ for a week of work.

New electronics will probably be about 50$, just remember to ask ALOT of quesions about what can be done with your electronics, and yes it will be a long and probably somewhat confusing convorsation. But damn is it worth it! Electronics, if done right and gone beyond the standard volume/volume/tone bullshit can be REALLY, REALLY cool sounding!
To be honest, a pair of Jazz pups, plus defretting, plus a new bridge, plus new electronics is going to cost far more than the bass is worth, and in the end it'll still sound crappy and play poorly. If you really want to do mods, you're better off getting a Fender knockoff and modding that, since the majority of aftermarket parts are made to fit Fenders.
Quote by MetalUpTheAss
Sounds to me like an excuse.

"Honey, I've got to buy a new bass! This diamond is made of a dead guy! I made him a promise!"

Most Bitter/Cynical member of the Bass Militia. PM DinkyDaisy to join.
Ok so take off the the defretting and putting on a new bridge.So all there is left is putting on new pickups and putting electronics in.How much am i looking to spend to get them installed?And how much is it for some electronics?Could some1 giv me a link to some.I dont want like the best electronics out there i want something thats better then wat i got and is affordable.
Quote by Damaged Roses

My Gear-
Warwick Double Buck
Epiphone EB0
GK MB 210
Fender Rumble
Not all passive electronics suck beleive it or not. This is how much it will cost to do it yourself
10$ for a soldering iron to make connections.
5-20$ (probably optional) for stuff like a box cutter, needle nose, wire cutters, etc (jsut buy the things you dont' have already)
15$ (optional), for some helping hands. This just holds the components in place for easy soldering.
30$ for new components. (including wire)
and 10-500$ for new pickup(s)

I'd suggest you go here: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=53
Quote by jaebee
imo, buy a new bass, will prob be cheaper than paying someone to defret/instal new pickups , bridge, and electronics, along with the cost of the parts

he could just buy a new neck. www.stewmac.com has some good ones
GEAR
Guitar
Ibanez RG42DX
Peavey Valveking100
Avatar 4x12 cabinet w/ Celestion Vintage 30's
Line 6 Spider 3
DOD Flanger
Ernie Ball Strings
Bass
Dean Edge 4
Peavey TNT 135