I'm a Strat man, I really am, but I need a Les Paul for recording some stuff that my Strat doesn't handle (partially because of the weird pickups I put in it, hey, I like 'em, but for some stuff I need Les Paul sound. Yeah.

So, I'm not a professional musician. My custom once-squier now-entirely modded Strat is my only guitar and I'm running it through a POD 2.0 into an old Sony amplifier hooked onto a big old Torque cabinet. And yeah I like that setup =P. I usually use the POD's direct output for recording anyway.
But well to up my versatility I'd like to add a Les Paul to my setup. Maybe tops 300eur, which is not alot, I know, but then again it doesn't have to be top end.
Maybe not what you'd expect since I just said it's for recording, but playability is the most important for me, I might change the pickups anyway.

Now, stuff like the Epiphone Special II is too low end right, because I hear it sucks alot.

Question: what's the cheapest Les Paul out there that offers good playability? Like I said the sound is not a great issue.
u could try a stagg les paul, they're not the best in the world but for what u pay they are great
Quote by sargasm
I like to draw pictures of penises everywhere.

It makes me feel like a big man.

Proud owner of a fender deluxe player's strat - honey blonde/maple neck Here it is

Member of the Stratocaster Lovers Group
Hmm, I can't get Agiles, I live in Holland.
I'm somewhat thinking Epiphone's would be the most reliable because they're Gibsons after all.
I'm looking into something secondhand now, there's an Epihphone Standard for 300. But there's an Epiphone sg-310 for 250eur - hm, what are the main differences between SGs and Les Pauls anyway?
I know the Epi Standards sound really good, and if you get it in black its only 380.
My Gear:
Peavey 6505+
Marshall 1960B
Schecter Hellraiser Avenger
Ibanez VBT700
Marshall Guv'nor
Marshall Echohead
Morley Tremonti Wah
Boss TU-2
Boss NS-2
EHX Holy Grail Reverb
Furman SPB 8C
Boss Flange
holland is god im from ther. but to answer ur question there is a epiphone le paul studio goth for 300 in USD. it plays well!
here here is wat it looks like
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Epiphone-Goth-Les-Paul-Studio-Electric-Guitar?sku=517233
esp ltd m300
ibanez rg
jackosn dinky strat

digitech rp155l
morley bad horsie wah

carvin mt3200 tube amp

founder of the ibanez rg owners of the world club pm me to join
the difference between the SG 310 and the lp is that the G-310 is rubish, you have to the the SG 400 and above to get anything good

also the epi lp standards are pretty damm good
Quote by Zangetsu 101
Girl (Ned/chav) annoying me on the bus.

Me "Have you ever bled out your arse-hole?"

Her: Facial expression was priceless - "What??! Noo!"

Me: "Well if you want to keep it that way, **** off."

She then turned away and whimpered.
Quote by alienboy18241
I know the Epi Standards sound really good, and if you get it in black its only 380.

well first of all if its black that'll save me alot of sanding because i need a black prime layer for the finish im planning on having =)

But I can get a sunburst Epi Standard for 300eur secondhand. Good deal?

And that Goth LP looks sexay. hmm, do they ship to holland? =P
Or would I be better off with the secondhand Standard? It's in fine state btw.
Last edited by bornfidelity at Mar 18, 2007,
Hm theres another Standard Epi LP offer for 300eur, but that one has a pickguard-triangle. Is that something to do with the model? Because the first one doesn't have it -P
hm, how good is an Epi LP Studio? For 300eur?
or, how about an sg-400 for 280eur?

i know too little about this stuff :/
^Out of those two options the sg400 is def. better. The 400's and up are really nice, expecially for the price. I almost bought one, but I found the necks to be uncomfortable.
My Gear:
Peavey 6505+
Marshall 1960B
Schecter Hellraiser Avenger
Ibanez VBT700
Marshall Guv'nor
Marshall Echohead
Morley Tremonti Wah
Boss TU-2
Boss NS-2
EHX Holy Grail Reverb
Furman SPB 8C
Boss Flange
Tokai Love Rock for the win here.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
hm. the sg400 NEW costs 319eur whereas the Epi LP Standard new costs 459 (burst one). If they're equals why the difference in price?
the sg has a smaller body which equals less material therefore less price
im not too sure but i think the pickups are different but dont quote me on that
Quote by Drmckool
without having read this thread and just seeing the title since i've been not on the forum for a month i'm just going to say

"why can't we be friends"
Quote by fire within
the difference between the SG 310 and the lp is that the G-310 is rubish, you have to the the SG 400 and above to get anything good

also the epi lp standards are pretty damm good

+1..
^_^
one thing to take into consideration: many epi les pauls have alder/mahogany bodies.
Quote by Kurapica
I once used an SG on stage. I killed three people in the front row and I was only tuning up. It's THAT powerful.

Quote by aeliustehman
I've never seen Metallica use a wah pedal lol.

Quote by BWall1226
does putting stickers on a guitar make someone a poser cause im doing the same thing.