Quick Question....

I'm trying to get to a point with my rig that means i can have my amp on my side of the stage and a slave cab on the other side so we get a nice balanced and even sound and a good volume. but anyway....I'm currently using a Peavey Bandit 112 80W which says i can achieve 100W into 4 Ohms with external speaker.........

So what does that mean in real terms? Can i plug a 4x12 or a 2x12 cab into it and get it to do what i want it to do? Or would that be pointless and i'd be better going out and buying something else?

Sorry if this question is a bit lame but i've always been a combo man and never come across the problems with matching cabs to amps etc...

Thx in advance.
[
Any cab with a 4 ohm impedance will do the job. You might need quite a long speaker cable tho ^^.
Main Gear:

Santiago S3 Spanish Classical
PRS CE22 Mahogany
Mesa/Boogie F-50 combo w/ G12K-100
Teese RMC Wizard Wah
Rothwell Switchblade
Ibanez FL-9
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus V2
EHX SMMwH
The thing is, you'll disconnect the amp's internal speaker by connecting a cab to the speaker out, thus rendering it pointless.
Quote by cokeisbetter
The thing is, you'll disconnect the amp's internal speaker by connecting a cab to the speaker out, thus rendering it pointless.

If that is the case then you will need something else... perhaps a PA, or a new amp that you can run in stereo.
Main Gear:

PRS CE22 Mahogany
Teese RMC Wizard Wah
Rothwell Switchblade
Ibanez FL-9
EHX SMMwH
Nice one, thanks for the answers.....

So I can't do this on the cheap then.....bugger!

lol

Thx again
[
Quote by Skuzzmo
Nice one, thanks for the answers.....

So I can't do this on the cheap then.....bugger!

lol

Thx again

It depends, do you have to unplug your internal speaker? If not then its likely that they will both run at once... perhaps contact peavey and see of they can advise you in any way?
Main Gear:

PRS CE22 Mahogany
Teese RMC Wizard Wah
Rothwell Switchblade
Ibanez FL-9
EHX SMMwH