Will a Vox v847 (or a Dunlop original crybaby) go well with a Boss BD-2 (blues driver) and where should they go in the loop?
My Gear:

Fender Aerodyne Stratocaster
NOS Tweed Fender Blues Jr
Boss BD-2
Boss CE-5
Boss CS-3
Dunlop Slash Crybaby
Korg DT-10
Boss BR-600
MXR Script Phase 90
MXR DD-7 Analog Delay

GASing for:
Vox V847
I have no clue on whether or not the pedals will go good together but they should. Those two pedals shouldn't go through an effects loop though. Straight from guitar to amp. Blues driver before the Wah imo. You may have to mod the wah so its true bypass that way it won't mess with your tone when off.
-Denny
PRS Singlecut Trem

Member #2 of the Coheed and Cambria fanclub, PM dementedpuppy to join.
I agree. Overdrive/dist and wah should go in the direct signal chain to your amp. I think the wah should be before the overdrive, though.

Guitar --> wah --> Blues Driver --> Amp

Just my opinion.

Try it in all the places and see how you like the sounds of them, then choose your favorite.
President of the Guitarists Born In 1991 Club. PM blues rocker or I to join

Quote by RadioHead22
I love you greendayguitar
In a non- gay, awkward-man-hug way
k thx, im new to effects and i thought a loop was the circuit between guitar & amp and effects in between
My Gear:

Fender Aerodyne Stratocaster
NOS Tweed Fender Blues Jr
Boss BD-2
Boss CE-5
Boss CS-3
Dunlop Slash Crybaby
Korg DT-10
Boss BR-600
MXR Script Phase 90
MXR DD-7 Analog Delay

GASing for:
Vox V847
from what I hear the BD-2 and v847 are made for each, they sound so good together

and most people call it effect chain, between the guitar and amp
Quote by Cjay4
from what I hear the BD-2 and v847 are made for each, they sound so good together

and most people call it effect chain, between the guitar and amp

Yea.

Effects chain goes:

Guitar --> Effects -> Amp

Effects loop goes:

Amp send --> effects --> Amp return

The effects loop generally works best with modulating effects such as flanger, phaser, chorus..and equalizer (an acception).
President of the Guitarists Born In 1991 Club. PM blues rocker or I to join

Quote by RadioHead22
I love you greendayguitar
In a non- gay, awkward-man-hug way
Yeah, the loop is only on some certain amps, between the preamp and poweramp. And although I personally prefer wah before OD, you can do it either way.
In general it goes Wah>Comp(includes overdrive) by the order of gain they add)>Modulation>EQ>noise suppressor. Modulation EQ and noise suppressor can go through the loop, and Comps can if you like the pedal more than the amp, but it's probably a bad idea unless the volume is at minimum, because running it at line volume I have heard can be damaging to certain pedals(distortions), but don't put me to back this up. Wah just sounds better first, and if you boost after it you get less tone loss.

EDIT: this is my way of doing it, so try whatever. I like it like this, and the wah is more pronounced.
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.