Whats the best way to start recording your music? I want to start recording some of my riffs and the like, and I have about £120 to buy something to get me started. I want to do it all through my comouter, preferably with as little hassle as possible. Any recommendations?
Line 6 Toneport UX1 or UX2 gives you everything you need. The UX2 has onboard VU meters and phantom power.
PRS Dave Navarro signature/Burny RLC-70 - Sonuus Wahoo wah/filter - Vox ToneLabLE - Boss DD-5 - Zoom MS-50G - Modded Ampeg VT-22 100-watt tube head or Peavey VK100 100-watt tube head (6L6GC's in both) - Soldano 4X12 cab w/Eminence Legends.
i agree with the toneport reccomendation, the zoom g series multifx are another option to look into.
TonepOrt >>>> ZOOM G2..

I've had both. The TonepOrt is great, pretty easy to use. I have the UX1, You don't need the UX2 if it's just home use since you can't play 2 instruments at once really.

The TonepOrt is definitely the way to go IMO.
you can buy a 1/4 to 1/8 adapter cheap. plug it into you PC's mic port. then start recording.
Heads up to everyone, new person using this account
I think the UX1 is in your range

Great computer interface recording

The black box is pretty good too, I think its 170 with a pedal upgrade on musicansfriend!
Yes, a toneport would be a very good option. Someday, I would definitely pick up a Shure Sm57 microphone, as it will increase the quality of your recordings immensely, but for now just the toneport by itself will work.
Edit: why do I keep answering these in the GG & A - there is a recording forum.
PM Me for any help you need with recording systems/tips
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Good call

Man, you should be a mod, you know everything.

Last edited by thrice_removed at Mar 19, 2007,