200 mod love points to anyone who answers my little ditty of a question.

I'm writing a piece of music for my school band to play, and figured for the players' ease, I would do it in the digital world instead of hand writing everything out with my poor penmenship. So, I am using finale to lay all my music down. I have some of the piece going, and I just realize I'm missing a 2nd trumpet! Oh the horror. How can I input a new instrument without creating a new document?

Also, I once had the program so on playback it would just start at the beginning of the page, not the beggining of the piece. How do I make it like this again?

Finale, when you input a note on the staff, it plays that note. However, for instruments that are not in C, it still plays what the note on the staff would be if it were actually in C. Is there a way to hear what it will sound like right when I input the note?

Jazz on
Night
Don't tell me what can not be done

Don't tell me what can be done, either.

I love you all no matter what.
I don't think there's any way to add an instrument once you've already chosen the initial instruments. I once had this dilemma, and what I did was, I opened a new document with all instruments, and I entered enough extra measures, and I simply copied and pasted each of the staffs, one instrument at a time, from the old to the new score.

As for the playback from the intro thing, well, I just type in "1" in the measure box.

I don't know about the last one.
Ah dang, that's strange. There must be a way...

The measure box is grayed out, hmm, I must be missing something. Of course I am.

Hm, then again, I have Finale NotePad 2007, so they might be different.
Should I just download notepad?

Ah, notepad only supports 8 instruments. Boooo. Anyone else know?

Haha, thanks Yawn....Faithful Yawn.

Without who I would still be stuck under a boulder, in a forest, had he not come and rescued me that fine September morn......

You can use Guitar Pro and just take the tableture part out.

Ive done that and it looked exactly the same as any other piece of music.
Spastic Ink
Quote by Schmietty
You can use Guitar Pro and just take the tableture part out.

Ive done that and it looked exactly the same as any other piece of music.

Um...then you must not be very familiar with sheet music.

Guitar Pro notation rendering is extremely shitty. They don\'t have dynamic signs that you can actually mark down on the sheet even though you \"audio mark\" it during playback? Stupid.

Not to mention the clef signs are supposed to be on every staff line but they don\'t seem to have that either.

Also, they only have chromatic renderings when you\'re using accidentals. This makes reading a bit more difficult than using diatonic renderings which uses a separate note in the same measure.

These are just a few of the many flaws in GP\'s obtuse standard notation writer.
^ Very true. I don't think you can even choose a key...

Quote by nightwind
Haha, thanks Yawn....Faithful Yawn.

Without who I would still be stuck under a boulder, in a forest, had he not come and rescued me that fine September morn......
Boulders are no match for my incredibly ripped e-muscles.
Quote by yawn
^ Very true. I don\'t think you can even choose a key...

You can choose keys. They\'re on the upper left hand corner somewhere. I guess they decided to do at least do 1 thing right.