Did anyone watch the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame inductions on VH1? I had known of Patti Smith before, but never really got into her. After seeing her awesome perfomance on the show I was really impressed. Her and Grandmaster Flash were the only good people being inducted.
Quote by Manos15
Did anyone watch the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame inductions on VH1? I had known of Patti Smith before, but never really got into her. After seeing her awesome perfomance on the show I was really impressed. Her and Grandmaster Flash were the only good people being inducted.

I saw a little bit but all I remember is the censor beep thingy going off like 20 times in ten seconds. Oh, and I'm glad REM got in, they're a good band.
Quote by CowsWithGuns
And the facade of heterosexualism in the punk and ska forum came crashing down like a fat girl falling off a balcony...
Quote by yeahyeah
I saw a little bit but all I remember is the censor beep thingy going off like 20 times in ten seconds. Oh, and I'm glad REM got in, they're a good band.

Oh, I forgot about REM theyre good aswell
Quote by Iluvpowerchords
The only Patti Smith album you really need is Horses.

But it's really fooking good.

Damn, that album is good. Gloria and Land are worth the price of admission alone.
Member of the We Have Better Taste Than You club
PM DorkusMalorkus with a list of your favorite bands to join

last.fm
Quote by teenage riot
They say she'll be the last punk inductee.

Says who?

And why?
Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Original Gangsta of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati
Quote by teenage riot
They say she'll be the last punk inductee.

nahh Television! one can hope they're be alot more though. But yeah her performance made me wanna buy Horses.

Jesus greendaydude, shut up. Anyway...I never really got into Patti Smith, but I heard she was inducted. I might have listen to some stuff.
Quote by Iluvpowerchords
The only Patti Smith album you really need is Horses.

But it's really fooking good.

I whole heartedly agree.
She did tear it up pretty good, if you can download, try for some of duets she had some really great ones with like jeff buckley and leonad cohen, and even don henley.
We never grasp self-realization, we are two abysses; A well staring at the sky.........
Which other punk bands deserve induction?

That's an interesting question.

I'd stick Jayne County in, that's fo shizzle
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Which other punk bands deserve induction?

That's an interesting question.

I'd stick Jayne County in, that's fo shizzle

Television would get my vote
Quote by CowsWithGuns
And the facade of heterosexualism in the punk and ska forum came crashing down like a fat girl falling off a balcony...
Quote by yeahyeah
Television would get my vote

good call.

The force is strong within you. You are most perecptive, no? :yoda: