why is it that every time you see someone with a metal zone, they never have a ge7 to accompany it? sure the metal zone is the greatest distortion you can buy(dont even bring up the tube screamer because its a garbage pedal no matter what you use it for), but it sounds like garbage by itself. even if you just use it to boost the highs and lows and cut the devil out of the mid. the metal zone cannot stand alone.
Quote by Iron Metallica
sure the metal zone is the greatest distortion you can buy(dont even bring up the tube screamer because its a garbage pedal no matter what you use it for).

You need to try more gear bro.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
hahahaha tubescreamer garbage?

oh dear....
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Tubescreamer is garbage? Overpriced, maybe. Garbage? Go away.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
I was talking about the TS-9. But damn, $200 for the 808?!

EDIT: hell, even the 9 is overpriced. The BBE TS copy is probably way better for the same price.
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by aznrockerdude
I was talking about the TS-9. But damn, $200 for the 808?!

EDIT: hell, even the 9 is overpriced. The BBE TS copy is probably way better for the same price.

Yeah, I'm a fan of the Tubescreamer but I can't let myself buy one when I can get a perfectly good copy/clone for much less.

On another note, a modded MT-2 is quite badass, and a 7 or 10 band EQ will certainly help you refine the harshness that is the Metalzone pedal.
just buy a Maxon or mod a TS9
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
That's still overpriced IMO. Take for instance the BBE Green Screamer: $99 and 808 specs. Probably has true bypass too.
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
Quote by Iron Metallica
why is it that every time you see someone with a metal zone, they never have a ge7 to accompany it? sure the metal zone is the greatest distortion you can buy(dont even bring up the tube screamer because its a garbage pedal no matter what you use it for), but it sounds like garbage by itself. even if you just use it to boost the highs and lows and cut the devil out of the mid. the metal zone cannot stand alone.

i bet your one of those idiots that goes up to a marshall and cranks the gain all they way up and think your getting the best sound of it. if you think that the tube screamer is garbage then you seriously i have no idea of good tone.
1993 Jackson Dinky Professional XL (shred)
Modified Squier Strat (blues and anything)
Vox Valvetronix AD30VT
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Dunlop Original Crybaby GCB-95
Tubescreamers are good. Metal Zones are trash, unless modded. And why only a GE-7? There are other brands than Boss, you know.
i dont care about tone. youre right. and on my marshall the gain is cranked as far as i can get it. but i dont look past the hi, lo, mid and contour. tone is such an oldhead word. which is why i just go with sound for the overall noise that comes out of any amp. maybe im just not in the game long enough to give a damn about tone but if i like the "tone" im happy. and as for the tube screamer...im not even going to get into it. they charge $110 or more for a pedal that does the same thing as any danelectro overdrive. im happy with boss and i also dont have $1000 to buy some top of the line pedal with a bunch of knobs that you can tweak and tweez your "tone" until it doesnt work any more. in your eyes the tube screamer is a good pedal...what next? hendrix didnt use any effects pedals except for a wah? effects nazis
Quote by Iron Metallica
i dont care about tone. youre right. and on my marshall the gain is cranked as far as i can get it. but i dont look past the hi, lo, mid and contour. tone is such an oldhead word. which is why i just go with sound for the overall noise that comes out of any amp. maybe im just not in the game long enough to give a damn about tone but if i like the "tone" im happy. and as for the tube screamer...im not even going to get into it. they charge $110 or more for a pedal that does the same thing as any danelectro overdrive. im happy with boss and i also dont have $1000 to buy some top of the line pedal with a bunch of knobs that you can tweak and tweez your "tone" until it doesnt work any more. in your eyes the tube screamer is a good pedal...what next? hendrix didnt use any effects pedals except for a wah? effects nazis

Holy shit your an ignorant prick.
Epiphone Goth Les Paul Studio
Ibanez SA120
Peavey Raptor EXP
Takamine Electric Acoustic
Boss CS-3
Boss DD-6
Boss TU-2
Boss MT-2 (For use with my Vox)
MXR M-108 10-Band Eq
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Peavey JSX Head
Vox AD50VT
Quote by Iron Metallica
effects nazis

wait, didnt u make an effect thread saying to buy a ge7?

you either use them or dont. anyway, glad u like ur gear. ill stick with my mine too.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
I think he actually is. Look, dude, I don't give a damn about your views on tone, but why come here and make a thread telling us that you hate Tubescreamers, love Boss, and hate tone?
Quote by Iron Metallica

This is the most ingorant paragraph ever writen.

Go to guitar center and play a MESA Dual Recto. That should change your opinion on the greatest distortion you can buy! Hell, Find a VHT dealer and play a VHT pitbull. Even better, Play a Bogner Uberschall. Both are better than MESA. The metal Zone is a bedroom toy man.

You have much to learn my friend.

Tubescreamers are just a boost, They arent distortion.
Last edited by Ubershall404 at Mar 18, 2007,
Quote by Rockstar12345
i swear to god this is the most ignorant troll out there.

the point of a troll is to start a bunch of shit up... lol.

ignorance is all part of the ploy.
Quote by xxgenocide98xx

HAHA. A Keen Observation!
Quote by xxgenocide98xx

ahaha seriously, i bet this guy is getting up at this.

like fellating his own self righteousness.
Quote by cokeisbetter
I just realized... he said his Marshall has a 'contour' control. If I'm not mistaken...

He's got an MG.

SCOOOOOOOOOOORE

Uber-Pwned by cokeisbetter!
My Rig:
PRS SE custom
cube 60
Dual Rectifier Roadster (2X12 combo)
DR strings
EHX Multiplexer
Quote by Ubershall404

Go to guitar center and play a MESA Dual Recto. That should change your opinion on the greatest distortion you can buy! Hell, Find a VHT dealer and play a VHT pitbull. Even better, Play a Bogner Uberschall. Both are better than MESA. The metal Zone is a bedroom toy man.

You have much to learn my friend.

Tubescreamers are just a boost, They arent distortion.

If he is a n00b, his mistakes would make him sound worse through those amps.
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
Quote by cokeisbetter
I just realized... he said his Marshall has a 'contour' control. If I'm not mistaken...

He's got an MG.

Probably the most owned person in the world, ever, after that haha!
Quote by Ubershall404

You've never played a VHT have you?

The distortion, while better tonaly speaking, is a lot lower-gain than a Mesa...

Otherwise your post is correct.
[Founder of the Ibanez S players club.] Pm Me to Join
I've heard some VHT amp had no low end at all. Is it the Pitbull?
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
Quote by aznrockerdude
I've heard some VHT amp had no low end at all. Is it the Pitbull?

All VHT's have low-end, what are you talking about? Maybe some bottomfeeding bandwagoner, who never played one, misunderstood the extremely focused gain as lacking bottom end...
Isn't the overall sound that comes out of your amp your tone?
Quote by Kensai
Racism... against the human race? Sure, go ahead
Quote by Generalpwnt
Isn't the overall sound that comes out of your amp your tone?

Psh, the only thing that comes out of your amp is a hot signal... now you might have air come out of your speakers ... /sarcasm.
Quote by Striketalonx
All VHT's have low-end, what are you talking about? Maybe some bottomfeeding bandwagoner, who never played one, misunderstood the extremely focused gain as lacking bottom end...

that was me.

the pit bull is a rock amp, (ie. burden brothers, toadies, ect.) and it has no low end.

the deliverance is a pit bull, but with the low end. good metal amp.

anyway.

lol @ thread.

*reported for spam/trolling*
Quote by ClassicAxe

consider anything derek suggests, He IS a gain VVhore you know
Quote by jj1565
derek, will you go out wt me?

President Gain Whore -group on profile
Quote by gpderek09
that was me.

the pit bull is a rock amp, (ie. burden brothers, toadies, ect.) and it has no low end.

the deliverance is a pit bull, but with the low end. good metal amp.

anyway.

lol @ thread.

*reported for spam/trolling*

You can't say it has no low end... its got a bit... just not like a Rectofier or Powerball...

I also think the Pitbull is good for 80's metal... as well as Thrash... for sure not modern metal though.