I just got my Les Paul back from being set up. It plays much, much better now, but it still buzzes (which is why I took it to get set up). Now, instead of just buzzing on one fret, it buzzes on all of them. I think it's because he set the action really low. Is it normal for it to buzz a little?
Some acoustic buzzing is normal, especially if you strum hard. If the buzzing isn't coming out your amp too then I wouldn't worry about it too much. Acoustic buzzing annoys me though, so I've got my action pretty high, you might want to think about raising yours a bit.
Quote by CowsWithGuns
And the facade of heterosexualism in the punk and ska forum came crashing down like a fat girl falling off a balcony...
Quote by yeahyeah
Some acoustic buzzing is normal, especially if you strum hard. If the buzzing isn't coming out your amp too then I wouldn't worry about it too much. Acoustic buzzing annoys me though, so I've got my action pretty high, you might want to think about raising yours a bit.

Yeah, it's only acoustic buzzing. It is annoying, but it's not that loud when my amp's on. I really like the low action though, so I guess I have to pick low action and buzzing or high action and no buzzing.

Edit: ^^^It wasn't too bad, because it plays and sounds like a completely different guitar (in the good way). I was just wondering if a little buzz is normal, especially with really low action.
Last edited by TheAdict310 at Mar 18, 2007,
if u have concerns, u should take it back and talk to the guy.

whenever picking up a guitar from service, always play it before leaving the shop.

like said, some acoustic buzzing is not usually considered a problem. but u shouldnt be able to hear it thru the amp.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by jj1565
if u have concerns, u should take it back and talk to the guy.

whenever picking up a guitar from service, always play it before leaving the shop.

like said, some acoustic buzzing is not usually considered a problem. but u shouldnt be able to hear it thru the amp.

The guy lives an hour and a half away, so I think I'm just gonna keep it how it is. It's not coming through the amp and it's not terribly annoying, so It's ok.
ok, just future into then.
raise that amp volume.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Haha, that's how I've been dealing with it, I just blast my amp until I can't hear the buzz anymore.