before Any "hey youre in the wrong forum assH***" (i know the pit¬¬
blues forum had 1 active user browsing = me lol

so, i saw the movie "crossroads" yesterday
the one with steve vai playing at the end as devil's guitar
and all those blues song around i neves really cares about blues but that kind of blues is really good

if anyone can say some band names that play that kinda stuff
please =)
---
i got tired of my signature and i no longer has one

---
just search delta blues guitarists and delta blues bands in google
Quote by McClean05
Sweep picking if i could actually get faster at it. But overall . . everything. Every technique in guitar playing is worth learning or playing. Nice thread by the way
start with the roots, brother, robert johnson, son house, charlie patton then move on to big bill broonzy, howlin wolf, muddy waters, that's the ****in' blues then if you're still feelin it try rl burnside, an old timer in modern days, sick-ass shiit!
Quote by cefasnacht
start with the roots, brother, robert johnson, son house, charlie patton then move on to big bill broonzy, howlin wolf, muddy waters, that's the ****in' blues then if you're still feelin it try rl burnside, an old timer in modern days, sick-ass shiit!

That, or you could just listen to the Kings. B.B. King, Albert King, Freddie King.
Quote by Sonicxlover
Kensai, I think I'll get a flamboyant sig.

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
the stevie ray vaughan kinda blues i know, like clapton stuff

ill check those bands out, just watched a video of a guy playing robert johnson
its THAT kinda blues, slides and all that stuff
really cool

edit: this video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SZIFHJIjEw
---
i got tired of my signature and i no longer has one

---
Last edited by the_extremist00 at Mar 18, 2007,
So you watched crossroads, huh? Watch the perfomance of Crossroads by Cream. That is more entertaining than the whole movie crossroads.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkm9OiYvmPc

If you like the blues slide guitar, also be sure to check out the Allman Brothers Band, and their blues covers (like Stormy Monday), and mostly all of their songs were good for that matter (ranging from Fusion to southern rock).

And of course don't forget to check out Robert Johnson. He's the inspiration for that movie in the first place.

And somebody already said it, Ry Cooder did the slide work and there's more where that came from.
Quote by BearWithAGun
I've only known one man to use such a gun, and I believe I've killed him two times
Robert Johnson
Howlin' Wolf
Muddy Waters
Ledbelly

Damn, I just studied them and I can't remember them all. And I'm too lazy to look at my notes.
Random Metal-X fact:

Metal-X now sponsors: Blood Culprit!

"Ass Fuckingly Loud"

\m/^_^\m/ New Songs Up!!! \m/^_^\m/
Check John Mayall & the Bluesbreakers out. He played with Eric Clapton, Peter Green and Mick taylor just to name a few guitarists.

Check all those three out. Dont forget the roots man like Robert Johnson
Quote by pyrochris
So you watched crossroads, huh? Watch the perfomance of Crossroads by Cream. That is more entertaining than the whole movie crossroads.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkm9OiYvmPc

If you like the blues slide guitar, also be sure to check out the Allman Brothers Band, and their blues covers (like Stormy Monday), and mostly all of their songs were good for that matter (ranging from Fusion to southern rock).

And of course don't forget to check out Robert Johnson. He's the inspiration for that movie in the first place.

And somebody already said it, Ry Cooder did the slide work and there's more where that came from.

for slide guitar check rory gallagher too
like robert johnson's "Terraplane Blues" right?
clapton does a great version that i love.
its on the Session for Robert J.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard