My boundary lines of genres if you wish to call them that are Blues, Classic Rock, and early metal, maybe some modern hard rock like TOOL or Godsmack. I also have an Ibanez S470. So which amp better suites me? I will get to try out the valveking but not the 30 that is why I am asking. Thanks in advance.
Mesa Lonestar Special
Traynor YCV40WR
Ibanez -Artcore AS103BM
Fender American Deluxe Strat
Analog Man ARDX20 Dual Delay
Red Witch Empress Chorus
Big Muff Pi
Boss BD-2
MXR '76 RI Dynacomp
Fulltone Clyde Deluxe Wah
Jetter Jetdrive
EHX POG
Neither are good for heavier tones but I'd go with the classic 30 for reliability reasons as well as better tone (I'm biased though, I own a classic 50)

And why can't you try out the classic?
Quote by CowsWithGuns
And the facade of heterosexualism in the punk and ska forum came crashing down like a fat girl falling off a balcony...
save up for laney lc-30, vc-30 or gh50 head...seriosuly, all those you listed suck...get any of those 3 for a monster tone...perfect stuff for classic rock and blues..and hell can even do metal.

also look into fender blues jr and hot rod.

you wont regret this, while on the other hand, im sure u'll regret your valveking....it amplifies its own crapness to 100w of tube.
Last edited by zwound at Mar 18, 2007,
^Laney's are hard to get a hold of in the US and have you played any classic series amps?
Quote by CowsWithGuns
And the facade of heterosexualism in the punk and ska forum came crashing down like a fat girl falling off a balcony...
^ nope. i was assuming that it too was a low end...sorry. but off with the valveking's head.

EDIT: i never knew laneys were hard to get ahold of in the US...they're like the most common thing in europe (almost)
Quote by zwound
^ nope. i was assuming that it too was a low end...sorry. but off with the valveking's head.

EDIT: i never knew laneys were hard to get ahold of in the US...they're like the most common thing in europe (almost)

Yeah, I think that a few online places carry Laney but I've yet to see one in a store. Which is too bad because the vc30 looked like it would have been perfect for me
Quote by CowsWithGuns
[Neither are good for heavier tones but I'd go with the classic 30 for reliability reasons as well as better tone (I'm biased though, I own a classic 50)

And why can't you try out the classic?]

Cant Try the classic because the shop where I live only has the valveking and I am to lazy to drive to Greenville SC to guitarcenter
Mesa Lonestar Special
Traynor YCV40WR
Ibanez -Artcore AS103BM
Fender American Deluxe Strat
Analog Man ARDX20 Dual Delay
Red Witch Empress Chorus
Big Muff Pi
Boss BD-2
MXR '76 RI Dynacomp
Fulltone Clyde Deluxe Wah
Jetter Jetdrive
EHX POG
Quote by ledroses23
Cant Try the classic because the shop where I live only has the valveking and I am to lazy to drive to Greenville SC to guitarcenter

Guitar Center doesn't carry Peavey to my knowledge.

Anyway, I would go with the Classic 30. It'll be the more reliable of the two choices, and I think it'll be more suitable to you tonewise. I've tried a Valveking, and its cleans were rather bland and unimpressive, no matter how I EQ'ed it. The Classic 30, though I've never tried it, is reputed to be better suited for blues and classic rock.

An overdrive pedal should be able to boost the gain on either amp into heavier territories for you, so that probably won't be a major issue.