yeah, u def have to have some experience under ur belt before you tackle a solo like that, the diff phrasings aren't as hard as they seem, but playing them all together and keepin up with randy is hard, keep practicing though
lol, ya its definately difficult for beginners
<Raven> I got so baked last night
<Raven> that I WOKE UP high o_o
<Raven> Do you have any idea how euphoric that is?
<Raven> I felt like I was being born.
Ahh this is classic. I remember when I learned that solo. It was actually the first solo and song that I learned. Did you try playing it slowly and building up the speed?
Quote by DeathDealer
you people are daft

"You rise as high as your dominant aspiration, you descend to the level of your lowest concept of yourself. Free your mind and your ass will follow." Funkadelic

Member #7 of the Peavey is Amazing Club
ya that randy roads is quite a crazy-ass guitarist. but its not as hard as it looks, its all speed and scale. but still is hard a hell.
Quote by PooKoo
um. No.
Reported. Sorry.
Also, I learned that after about 5 or 6 months.

y r u reporting him? hes not making the thread "so i tried learning the crazy train solo... and then i banged your mom"

hes just expressing frustation in a difficult masterpiece.
Quote by Mad Marius
Because there's no point in being on the Internet of you're not gonna act like an arrogant prick.
It's not difficult man. Just get your shit together before you play it, or you will feel like you do now, pissed off and frustrated.
Quote by DeathDealer
you people are daft

"You rise as high as your dominant aspiration, you descend to the level of your lowest concept of yourself. Free your mind and your ass will follow." Funkadelic

Woa Im not beginner, but that still looked really difficult to me, I can tap decently, and I can shred decently, but like cris said putting it all together seems really f'ing difficult.

Maybe I just have shitty version of it, what do you all use for it?
If you can tap and shred decently this should be childs play.
Quote by DeathDealer
you people are daft

Quote by Dude121
Woa Im not beginner, but that still looked really difficult to me, I can tap decently, and I can shred decently, but like cris said putting it all together seems really f'ing difficult.

Maybe I just have shitty version of it, what do you all use for it?

If you're not a beginner, than this solo shouldn't be difficult.

I'm thinking your ego may have something to do with the situation...
Quote by Resiliance
I'm more of a hermafrodite guy.

Quote by apocalypse13
Lolz

/ultimatesin = genius]

[/really super obvious]

Original creator of the Resi Signal(s)
Only old shred forum regs get it

Some MP3's from me.

My Videos

Click for awesomeness
Quote by TheUltimateSin
If you're not a beginner, than this solo shouldn't be difficult.

I'm thinking your ego may have something to do with the situation...

fascinating theory, I don't care what you think. what version do you guys use? Maybe its just this gpro file, I know they screw up the verse, and they use all the AH that aren't in the song. For example they have part where you do a bend on 14 and pulloff on 9, now I dont know about you guys, but that is difficult for me. one would think you would use the obvious easier fingering...

And someone tell me how you do do this on the e string:

17-14-17-14 / 19-16-19-16 / 21-17-21-17

where you do not pick and its all pulloffs and hammers, and the /'s being slides. I dont think its physically possible
Last edited by Dude121 at Mar 19, 2007,
Actually I think you get better evenness of tone if you only pick every higher note and then pull-off. Sounds like Randy more than pure legato. And if you haven't really damn strong fingers it would sound much sloppier if you do it just with hammers an pulls.
Last edited by LiquiWizard at Mar 19, 2007,
Quote by Dude121
fascinating theory, I don't care what you think.

And that is supposed to disprove me....how? If anything you've only strengthened my point. You are arrogant, and your ego seems > 5672554 blue whales after that post.
Quote by Resiliance
I'm more of a hermafrodite guy.

Quote by apocalypse13
Lolz

/ultimatesin = genius]

[/really super obvious]

Original creator of the Resi Signal(s)
Only old shred forum regs get it

Some MP3's from me.

My Videos

Click for awesomeness