so i'm probably going to get a new laptop soon, but i want to know what i should look for, including sound cards, when considering recording, cause that's probably what i'll use it most for. Basically my main focus will be recording and multimedia, and stuff like Office apps so i can take care of all of that college business...

anybody with any kind of info/help would be great!

and i'm not a fanboy of any company or operating system, so im open to every suggestion
Please get a macbook. You will not be dissapointed.
Quote by utsapp89
CRUSHING
SLAMMING
BROCOLI!
Face it, t3h MG mini-stack pwns your face.
Quote by jables23092
^why in particular?

Well, I own one and i love it

As for as recording obviously garage band comes standard. If you dont know what garage band is it's a decent recording program that comes on the macbook. It's pretty basic but for free it's definitely a plus. You can also run microsoft office on it so that shouldn't be a problem. Basically, i've had mine for about 6 months and i'm doing basically everything you listed on it, and it's worked great for me so far. Hope i've helped
Quote by utsapp89
CRUSHING
SLAMMING
BROCOLI!
if you do get a pc (like an acer aspire - that's my recommendation) though, try to get one that still comes with XP not Vista.
Quote by misfits385
Well, I own one and i love it

As for as recording obviously garage band comes standard. If you dont know what garage band is it's a decent recording program that comes on the macbook. It's pretty basic but for free it's definitely a plus. You can also run microsoft office on it so that shouldn't be a problem. Basically, i've had mine for about 6 months and i'm doing basically everything you listed on it, and it's worked great for me so far. Hope i've helped

thanks man you've helped a lot...

...is the interface hard to get used to...i mean i've been a PC owner my whole life, so i dont know what it would be like to switch over...
Quote by jables23092

...is the interface hard to get used to...i mean i've been a PC owner my whole life, so i dont know what it would be like to switch over...

I've had a PC my whole life and I just got a Mac and its extremely easy to use.
Quote by jables23092

No not at all. Setting it up was extremely easy and I've been a PC user all my life. I'd actually say it's a lot more user friendly then the PC's i've used.
Quote by utsapp89
CRUSHING
SLAMMING
BROCOLI!
Do you have to get one now? Because the new OS is coming out soon for macs, and they'll probably bring out new macbooks with it.
Wolfie, Moley, Witty, Dgmey, Grundy
yes, now there is Tiger, and they're coming out with leopard, should be less than 5 months, by far. It's just going to have plenty of stuff. They're really secrative about it. A great place to read things at is
http://forums.appleinsider.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3
if you want to look around there. I'm stoked.
I'm not sure about the soundcard, but I'm sure it's great. That's not a completely uneducated guess, by the way. Macs are all about multimedia, and music, recording, all that jazz. Everyone I know who uses it for those purposes have loved it.
yeah. i have had 2 macbooks. my first was a black one, and i thouht i wanted more power so i upgraded to a mb pro
There's something living in these lines.