I was told to move this topic here. Again, please help me achieve this with my equipment:

Hello, I'm new here, but I've been to many Guitar forums. I've got a pretty tough question for you guys, but I'll start with this:

Equipment:

Marshall DSl 50 JCM2000 head
MArshall 4X12 MF400a cab (8 ohms)
Yngwie Malmsteen Stratocaster
YJM308 Overdrive Pedal
Line 6 Constrictor noise gate

With this equipment, how can I get my tone to sound very similar to Yngwie's? What should everything be set to? Sorry for such a complicated question, but it seems I just can't get it right!
Well, it looks like a good start, but you might actually want a Plexi. I believe that's what he uses, then boosts it with his OD.
Buy a Plexi and turn the volume knob to 10.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
I know that he uses a Plexi, but I'm asking how to get a similar tone with my equipment. Sometimes I see him live using a JCM.
Quote by KingDavid101
I know that he uses a Plexi, but I'm asking how to get a similar tone with my equipment. Sometimes I see him live using a JCM.

If he uses JCM's, they'd be 800's, which sound completely different.
If you want to get close, turn the gain way down and high and mid range way up.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.