Is it possible to lower the action on an acoustic guitar?

thnx
Member 1 of the FINAL FANTASY VII club
Yeah, just carefully file the nut and/or saddle.
Quote by Altered_Carbon
That's some bony hipster sex, which may be the best kind.
yes. u have to take off all of the strings, use a pair of pliers and *gently* pull out the saddle. what i do is staple a piece of sandpaper to a workbench(to keep it steady) and sand down the saddle. u grind the bottom of it(the flat side). just be very very careful to apply even pressure and sand it evenly. if not, u will completly screw up the string height and need to get a new saddle.
Quote by 79stratSTONES
yes. u have to take off all of the strings, use a pair of pliers and *gently* pull out the saddle. what i do is staple a piece of sandpaper to a workbench(to keep it steady) and sand down the saddle. u grind the bottom of it(the flat side). just be very very careful to apply even pressure and sand it evenly. if not, u will completly screw up the string height and need to get a new saddle.

Great Post...this is what I do.

DO NOT screw with your Truss Rod unless you know what you are doing...actually...just don't.

Just be careful not to get it too low because the strings can vibrate on the frets and sound like shit. Also...you get a clearer and better sound if the strings are farther off the neck...just harder to play...so it's the trade off.