I talk with people, and i always find myself talking about guitar and music. It's all i do with my free time. I feel like i need to become a well-rounded person, but i cant. Does anyone else have this problem?
If you want to jam in/around Mooresville NC message me.
find something else to talk about?
Quote by ShizNick
I once had a blind girlfriend... I used to always tell her that i was giving her a nice sticky lolly pop but it was actually my...

... nevermind. im going to hell.
It's not hard. I find it funny how most guitar players have to talk about guitars. It sets a bad impression in all honesty and makes you look one dimensional.

I guess wait for people to start a conversation and then join it. Because if you start it it may just all be about music.
Poor advice.
None of my friends play guitar or even listen to rock, so I usually don't have anything interesting to say other than small-talk.
Maybe it's because it's all you do with your free time.

Watch Tv, do sports, play video games, visit places, develop a sense of humour etc.
Quote by jimtaka
i'd say your guitar is out of tune, or you are accidentally muting strings that you aren't trying to, or your right hand isn't strumming at the same time that your left hand is fretting, or you could be reading the tab upside down...
You sound like one of my friends. All he can talk about is sports though, it's all he knows really, but he knows it all. I couldn't be one dimensional like that if I tried. I love music but there's a time and place.

Which is all the mother fucking time!
Duke Ellington - If it sounds good, it is good.
yea, whenever im with my friend or someone i just met i ask them the usually music questions....(do you listen to rock, what bands do you like, etc) i really need to stop doing it but i guess its a good conversation starter.
Try taking up another hobby, but don't let it get in the way of guitar... I started skating a few weeks ago and I find I've been only practicing about 30 mins to 1 hour a day, sometimes I don't even practice at all!
well some of my friends that play guitar, are probably really my friends cuz they play guitar and makes us have something in common and we usually only talk about......cuz ya.....thats all we have to talk about.....but with everyone else, i talk about something else.....so i dont really have your problem....
Happens to a lot of people who are really into something. they just get consumed by it. Its what makes jocks jocks or rockers rockers. Hang out and talk about other stuff, it'll be fine. If your friends are so narrow minded it'll dawn on them eventually.
With friends of mine who are as into as I am, then yes we talk about guitars and music more often than not.

With different people we talk about whatever it is we have in common.

or...we just talk, about anything and everything.
That's what friends do.
Quote by sluffinator
Yeh this guy knows his ****... just listen to him XD

Quote by ScreamingCheeto
NaivexLi is anything but naive. His post was a pretty good source of info.

Thanks

Quote by MightyAl

Pro tip, kids - girls are NOT impressed by your blood.
I used to talk about sports all the time... Now I just talk about it part of the time lol.

Yeah, just find something that you heard (on the news maybe) and talk about it. Or talk about something that annoys you. I don't know, just try to think of something.
I am the same way. The only thing that I know how to talk about is music, religion, and politics.....and freshmen in high school don't wanna talk about that stuff so I have to sit alone.
Quote by 812many
I talk with people, and i always find myself talking about guitar and music. It's all i do with my free time. I feel like i need to become a well-rounded person, but i cant. Does anyone else have this problem?

if you dont have this problem, you dont belong on UG

'nuff said