I was just wondering what sort of shape the necks on schecter guitars are?

For example: I really like then thin, flat sort of necks on Ibanez guitars, how do schecters compare to them? I'm just asking because i'm looking into a 7-string and i'll probably get a schecter if the necks are even vaguely similarly shaped.

Thanks for you time
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
i was actually wondering the same exact thing...only i prefer my necks fatter
Cody Juice
--Sparks and Limerence--

Quote by Gemini
*blasts a load of cum in the threadstarter's face*

Always happy to help.
there thin, i guess... i dunno, check some out at guitar center to be sure.
the
music and soul of love and hope and light manifesting in our minds, trapping whats left of us in our hearts.
where theres nowhere to go.

Quote by I_Pwn
Ostin, you are the pwnzorz and my new hero for that flame.

and this is a guy who's name is "i pwn"
they're in between a strat's neck and an ibanez's neck, although it depends on the ibanez neck you're talking about. The Wizard II's are a good deal thinner than a schecter, the Prestige Wizard necks are a tad thicker than a Wizard II, and they're close to a schecter's neck if you get a decent model. I haven't played a schecter 7 string, so I'm unsure of their feel.
and to the guy who was lookin for a neck that's a bit thicker, check out mid range ESP horizons. I've got an MH1000, and the neck is definately thicker and fuller than my Ibanez. The pickups in it rip too.
Quote by ohmerrymayhem
they're in between a strat's neck and an ibanez's neck, although it depends on the ibanez neck you're talking about. The Wizard II's are a good deal thinner than a schecter, the Prestige Wizard necks are a tad thicker than a Wizard II, and they're close to a schecter's neck if you get a decent model. I haven't played a schecter 7 string, so I'm unsure of their feel.

The Prestige necks are definitely thinner than the Wizard II
Quote by pierce34celtic
The Prestige necks are definitely thinner than the Wizard II

thats what i thought
Epiphone Les Paul Classic
Marshall MG100DFX *SOLD* REPLACED WITH PEAVEY CLASSIC 30
Boss GT-8
Breedlove AD/25 SR Plus

I'm TOOcool for sigs
Definitely not thin like Ibanez necks. Think SG/Les Paul style. A bit thinner, but pretty fat. They're really fast, though.
Like said earlier, they're comparable to SG-type necks. Little fatter, but it just takes some getting used to. I love the feel of 'em.
Quote by tronsbasscool
This is my 5th account and I still havn't made any friends

My Rig
ESP Viper 1000
Crate RFX120

<//////>~
That's cool I like the SG necks, so I'll probably get one, I mean, if I don't like it I can always ebay it right, lol

Cheers for the help.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
schecter necks are about the same thickness as fender strats.
between ibanez and LPs.

BUT TAKE NOTE> they coat their necks in a lacquer finish. some guys dont like the feel, especially if they sweat alot. (most of their models)

also, jumbo frets here. some guys like something a little flatter.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Nah, I'm not to bothered about the finish on the neck, SGs have coated necks too don't they? and i definitely like the last one of those i played.

And thank you TheLastDj, your wonderful insight and completely justified arguments won me over no questions asked.

Quote by Master Foo

Album.
Legion.
yeah, my lp is also a finished neck. i find my schecter C1+ a little stickier tho.

i like mine, but some guys have complained the necks in threads in the past.
just passing on the info.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Much appreciated, now all I have to do is sit and wait for pay day...

In about 10 days...damn.

Quote by Master Foo

Album.
Legion.
Quote by ohmerrymayhem
I have a prestige and the neck is definately NOT as thin as a Wizard II.

well then your guitar has a neck problem,cuz the prestige is made to be thinner then the Wizard I or II
Quote by crzywhiteboy
well then your guitar has a neck problem,cuz the prestige is made to be thinner then the Wizard I or II

It aint' a problem for me. I like fatter necks. Problem, defect, or intent, the depth of the neck from the back of the neck to the top of the fretboard is thicker than my RG's wizard II.

If it's a happy mistake, I'm glad it's that way