Yeah so I'm a really awesome writer/poet (not bragging people actually tell me this and people like to read my writings) and I'm wondering how in the world do I get published. I am only in high school so...yeah. However, I no I want to write when I get older but think I could get published now if I had any idea how the writing industry worked. I am (according to many people I no) good enough creatively to get published (my grammer isn't so hot but that is what editors are for.) I have no clue where to start. Help would be greatly appreciated if you no anything about the writing industry. Thanks.
Lets hear some.
"Insecticon" of the Predacons Beast Wars Club
PM NightmareXT To Join!

You make me feel
Like a dog, you can see, my emotions
Is this for real, i'm a man
Sinking deep, in the ocean
Lol, do you have nething where we can be the judge of your writing talent? (Im a writer myself, I like reading other amateurs', so to speak, work) Links? Or just pm me somethin?
Quote by NextBigThing
Yeah so I'm a really awesome writer/poet (not bragging people actually tell me this and people like to read my writings) and I'm wondering how in the world do I get published. I am only in high school so...yeah. However, I no I want to write when I get older but think I could get published now if I had any idea how the writing industry worked. I am (according to many people I no) good enough creatively to get published (my grammer isn't so hot but that is what editors are for.) I have no clue where to start. Help would be greatly appreciated if you no anything about the writing industry. Thanks.

oh the irony...

anyways, go to your school counselor (or whatever you call those that help you with your career) and ask them questions
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Kensai
oh the irony...

anyways, go to your school counselor (or whatever you call those that help you with your career) and ask them questions

You forgot "I no".
I doth not know.

But I hope this thread doesn't turn into a bunch of people being resentful of you being/claiming to be a good writer :-/
What he said. Oh, by the way, if you're gonna be a writer, avoid spelling know "no."

First book I see published with internet writing gets set aflame.
Quote by NextBigThing

I know how to do this, and it's pretty hard.

Buuut, PM some of your stuff. If you really are good I'll help you. Being a writer, I'm very anal.
Poor advice.
KNOW KNOW KNOW KNOW KNOW KNOW KNOW!!!!

and no, I do not KNOW.
There's always stuff in HS that'll publish your stuff.
Ask your english teacher.
Quote by madbass518
rbmason speaks the truth
Quote by guitarfreak042
i said it was the greatest movie of all time not the greatest comedy of all time......idiot....

Epi Les Paul
Epi Goth G400 Extreme
Crate GLX212
Quote by Ablazean
You forgot "I no".

oh... did I...?

yes

K-edit: I want to hear some poetry too!
████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
i bet my poetry and writing is better than yours.

and you could submit some of your work to your school newspaper or something along those lines, and then get yourself out there publically and move onto your city paper. thats what i did.

my school has this thing called "the lit mag" where students submit their works of literature, obviously. and ya, mine pwned and i was recomended by the head of the english department to the city paper. of course, it did help tons that i was in my schools news papery class thing. i since forget the name of the course but ya know it was like publications, editing, columbs, everything.

chea boi.

EDIT:

oh, and if you think grammer isnt a must in literature, you my friend, are a moron. stop writing your roses are red bullshit poetry and your cat in the hat stories and shoot yourself.

being able to work around the language and create those advances parts of speech is everything. having an understanding of proper use of language (grammer) is essential when you want to write deeper, more powerful works.
the
music and soul of love and hope and light manifesting in our minds, trapping whats left of us in our hearts.
where theres nowhere to go.

Quote by I_Pwn
Ostin, you are the pwnzorz and my new hero for that flame.

and this is a guy who's name is "i pwn"
Last edited by Ostin at Mar 18, 2007,
Okay I might post some of my stuff tomorrow. I don't have my better writings typed out all of the way yet but tomorrow I'll try to get something up. Also on the "No" thing it is so annoying because when I have it right people are like you have no wrong and when I have it wrong they are like that is right. So I just go with no.
Quote by NextBigThing
Also on the "No" thing it is so annoying because when I have it right people are like you have no wrong and when I have it wrong they are like that is right. So I just go with no.

How the hell are you such a good writer when you don't KNOW the difference between no and know?
Quote by madbass518
rbmason speaks the truth
Quote by guitarfreak042
i said it was the greatest movie of all time not the greatest comedy of all time......idiot....

Epi Les Paul
Epi Goth G400 Extreme
Crate GLX212
Quote by NextBigThing
Okay I might post some of my stuff tomorrow. I don't have my better writings typed out all of the way yet but tomorrow I'll try to get something up. Also on the "No" thing it is so annoying because when I have it right people are like you have no wrong and when I have it wrong they are like that is right. So I just go with no.

When you post, make sure you do it in the S&L forum. It'll be better recieved there.

And Hell, while you're there, check my stuff out.
Poor advice.
go to a poetry slam. if you're really good, then you'll blow all those other fiscally challenged kids away.
I shall explain the no/Know situation for you my friend.

I no that you should already no this, but there is know way I can let the confusion go on any longer.

Just reverse all the "no and know" in that sentence and you should be golden.

Now there is know way you can be confused.
Gear:
Ibanez S520EX EMG 81/85
Ibanez RG350MP
Fender acoustic (Black)

Peavey Vypyr 15
Peavey 6505 212 combo
Quote by PlayTheMetal
I shall explain the no/Know situation for you my friend.

I no that you should already no this, but there is know way I can let the confusion go on any longer.

Just reverse all the "no and know" in that sentence and you should be golden.

Now there is know way you can be confused.

the
music and soul of love and hope and light manifesting in our minds, trapping whats left of us in our hearts.
where theres nowhere to go.

Quote by I_Pwn
Ostin, you are the pwnzorz and my new hero for that flame.

and this is a guy who's name is "i pwn"
are you in the uk? if so, get the writers and artists yearbook.

btw guys it probably helps that he's confident (or arrogant), cos most writers get turned down by at least half a dozen publishers before they get accepted, if at all.