Right - ive got about £9,000 spare, ($17,000ish), might spend as much as i feel like on guitar gear, probably not every penny, ive got a few ideas lined up, think i might have to get a 1979-1982 Gibson les paul custom silverburst, thats been my "dream" guitar, as it were, for years. any boutique amp recommendations maybe, that whole areas a bit vague for me. people who know what they are talking about only.

so yeah, recommend me the good stuff! styles of music not important, ill play anything as long as it sounds good (not jazz....just....not jazz)
Diezel, Motherfucker
you need no more amps, go for a custom with that cash!
Guitar
Ernie Ball Music Man Silhouette Special
Washburn WI64
Martin D-15
Amps
1960s Harmony
Rocktron/Egnater TOL 50 2x12
Rivera Chubster 55
FX
Fulltone OCD v.1
Keeley TS808
Voodoo Labs Superfuzz
Wilson WH10
Boss DD-20
Youve got a amp that most people can only dream of, and a really nice guitar. You dont need to sped 17 grand on your rig.. maybe get a few pedals and a new guitar but really nothing near 17k
if you want a boutique amp, i recomend a bogner, or a mad professor, although i havnt played the Mp, ive head good things about it. i wouldnt buy the vintage gibson, id order a conklin custom guitar. but thats me.
buy a goddamn mesa/boogie mark II c+ and a mesa traditional mesa cab to go with it. and i agree whole heartedly with rhcpfan, go for a custom guitar.
oh and if your into effects buy the tc electronics g-system.
Last edited by metal_man12 at Mar 18, 2007,
whoa, did you rob a bank?
i don't think you can get much more than what you already have. maybe get an amp that doesn't do metal, like a fender or vox, and also plenty of effects to create your own sound. flangers, octave pedals, wahs, choruses, eqs, uhh...
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Custom +1
Quote by benenov
love is when a girl can fit both my balls in her mouth.
Or, a big ass Rambo knife.
Quote by benenov
love is when a girl can fit both my balls in her mouth.
Haha cheers guys, youve made me smile the custom guitar idea is awesome actually, thats the sort of thing i was looking for, it just didnt cross my mind. yeah, im done with amps for a long as i can see, im getting a few pedals, just small stuff, i think i might go to Gibson for the custom, ive seen some amazing personalized guitars, if you had the choice who would you get a custom guitar from? i hear prs are great for that too
Diezel, Motherfucker
The thought of a ESP custom makes me very very happy. Or a Carvin?
DUDE!!!!

GET A CUSTOM GUITAR WITH "SHOOP DA WHOOP" ON THE FRETBOARDZ!!!11!!

Seriously though--Get yourself something nice. Custom guitar ftw!
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
I wouldn't go to an actual guitar company for a custom. I'd get a independant luthier to build from scratch. Then you can pretty much have anything you want and it would probably be cheaper?

If I HAD to choose a guitar company.. Jackson would be my choice. They'd probably add it to their signiature line haha. They already have about 4387643 artist signatures, what's one more gonna hurt?

Or just go buy one of those sweet Pete Townshend LPs. Keep it in it's case forever and watch it's value rise.
Quote by Jinskee
DUDE!!!!

GET A CUSTOM GUITAR WITH "SHOOP DA WHOOP" ON THE FRETBOARDZ!!!11!!

Seriously though--Get yourself something nice. Custom guitar ftw!

IMMA CHARGIN MAH LAZER!

On another note.

Get a custom guitar. I'd go through ESP, Jackson/Charvel or BC Rich personally, but either way they're a good product.

Independent luthiers can do fine jobs as well providing they have the stuff available. Plan it from scratch and go from there.

Personally I'd love to have a couple customs... sigh, I can't wait to start my guitars.
^

But seriously TS, you can do A LOT of stuff with the kind of money you have. Have some fun with it.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
better yet, get a company to make you a custom AMP.

How bout this, super versatile, the tubes never overdrive on the clean channel, the gain goes all the way to 200, and it is only 50 watts. woo