After about four years of playing I am finally getting a descent setup. Here is what i plan to have:

Epiphone Sheraton II

Fender Blues Deluxe

Small Clone

Tube Screamer

Vox Wah

Basically, I am a blues/rock player. How is this setup? I have been looking at all this stuff very long and hard and I think this is what i want but I wanna know how your experiences with this gear
My Gear:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Epiphone Sheraton II
Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
Teese RMC Picture Wah
MXR Carbon Copy
Keeley Modded TS9
Korg Pitchblack
Schecter Omen 6
Dean Performer Acoustic

Sounds pretty damn nice.

Make sure to get a good tubescreamer though.
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall
Epic win. He speaks the truth, boys and girls.

Founder of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM to join~
Awesome! Sounds like you'll be playing a lot of classic and blues rock.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
SUCKS!

nice. it's good because u know what u want out of it. so ur dialing into ur specific needs.
anyway, nice setup.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
awesome amp
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Damn Good. A great Blues to rock setup in my opinion. You got the Archtop warmth mixed with the Fender Cleans. Your tone will absolutely flourish when the volume is around 5 or 6. The TubeScreamer will make your overdrive impressive since it drives the tubes harder. The Vox Wah will make a great blues sound too. Clapton himself used one in Cream. You got a chorus from a damn good company too Electro Harmonix so you can really make those cleans shine. You'll have the perfect Woman tone with that amp. You have great taste. A guy I know plays that very Fender BLues Deluxe in Jazz band so i've heard the cleans and they are great. Too bad he can't get it loud enough for the tubes to break up and the sound to really shine through. He uses a Les Paul. The Small Clone, Vox Wah and Tubescreamer I've seen and heard in use so I know they are perfect for blues. Damn good choices for gear;post when you get it and tell us how it is. Enjoy your soon to be setup.
The clock strikes midnight
When tomorrow and today collide
The moon is at its highest
And the twilight seems fitting
For in these moments
The light at the end of the world
Shines like a thousand suns....

Victor Gutierrez
Get a BBE Green Screamer instead of the Tubescreamer. 808 specs for the price of a 9.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Or get a Maxxon overdrive. These are made to the same specs as an original TS9. Or, you could get a TS9 turbo, 10 bucks more.

By the way, awesome guitar! I never see anyone playing Sheratons anymore. Fantastic setup!
i have 100 bucks from xmas, 100 bucks from my bday, and im going to ask my dad if he can give me my xmas money earrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrly this year so then ill have about 500. then im just gonna dip into my savings for the extra cash

now i just need to wait for some kind of sale and add that with my student discount (ive been taking lessons at my local shop for 4 years).
My Gear:
Epiphone Sheraton II
Teese RMC Picture Wah
MXR Carbon Copy
Keeley Modded TS9
Korg Pitchblack
Schecter Omen 6
Dean Performer Acoustic

Last edited by WlCmToTheJungle at Mar 18, 2007,
Quote by WlCmToTheJungle
i have 100 bucks from xmas, 100 bucks from my bday, and im going to ask my dad if he can give me my xmas money earrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrly this year so then ill have about 500. then im just gonna dip into my savings for the extra cash

ahaaha earrrlyyy is a bit of a stretch, dont u think mate?

yea i just got 230 dollas from relatives. ALL FUNDINGS TO NEW PUPS YAYYYYYY
Quote by Rockstar12345
ahaaha earrrlyyy is a bit of a stretch, dont u think mate?

yea i just got 230 dollas from relatives. ALL FUNDINGS TO NEW PUPS YAYYYYYY

ha, well i just found out he bought a 600,000 condo for people to rent out while my mom is practically broke and has to move. a few months ago my dad told my mom that he didnt have any money to lend her (my parents are divorced if u didnt get that). so i dont think asking for a really early gift is outta the question
My Gear:
Epiphone Sheraton II
Teese RMC Picture Wah
MXR Carbon Copy
Keeley Modded TS9
Korg Pitchblack
Schecter Omen 6
Dean Performer Acoustic

Why don't you try the schecter corsair, it's put together a lot better than the epi and has a bigsby. Plus it looks fantastic, with a nice classic sound. Epi is the bastard child of Gibson and they tend to keep it that way, so they use bad wood and poor manufacturing. Schecter's however, are in my opinion, a great bang for the buck.
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Schecter-CORSAIR-Electric-Guitar-?sku=512137
Quote by Schecter1277
Why don't you try the schecter corsair, it's put together a lot better than the epi and has a bigsby. Plus it looks fantastic, with a nice classic sound. Epi is the bastard child of Gibson and they tend to keep it that way, so they use bad wood and poor manufacturing. Schecter's however, are in my opinion, a great bang for the buck.
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Schecter-CORSAIR-Electric-Guitar-?sku=512137

look at my sig, i already have teh sheraton and i love it, take ur epi bashing somewhere else
My Gear:
Epiphone Sheraton II
Teese RMC Picture Wah
MXR Carbon Copy
Keeley Modded TS9
Korg Pitchblack
Schecter Omen 6
Dean Performer Acoustic

Quote by WlCmToTheJungle
look at my sig, i already have teh sheraton and i love it, take ur epi bashing somewhere else

"epi bashing" eh? Defensive little guy aren't we? Youre never gonna get anywhere in life when youre so quick to anger and such a biggot to advice.
Great choice with the Tubescreamer. It's an awesome pedal.
Natural Blonde w/ Black pickguard Squier Affinity Telecaster
Epiphone Slingshot 25R Amplifier
Dunlop Tortex .5mm Picks - Red
Boss DS-1 Distortion Pedal
Danelectro Fab Chrous Pedal
Dunlop Cry-Baby Wah Pedal
Love the set up it'll be great.

Except I would get the Vox V847a it's the new V847 but with an AC adapter jack and true bypass. Same price...
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
Quote by Schecter1277
"epi bashing" eh? Defensive little guy aren't we? Youre never gonna get anywhere in life when youre so quick to anger and such a biggot to advice.

Well your advice would have been useful if he hadn't already bought the guitar. You could've checked his sig before calling his guitar a "bastard child" made from "bad wood". Don't be an ass.
Official Mascot of The Fender Armada!
Two Four Six Eight, Who Do We Appreciate? Yay Fender Woooo!!

Epiphone G-400 Custom - Fitted with a Original Bigsby B5
Fender 65 Twin Reverb
Fulltone OCD
Vox V847 Wah
Rotovibe
Boss Flanger
MXR Phase 90
Quote by Supernova5
Well your advice would have been useful if he hadn't already bought the guitar. You could've checked his sig before calling his guitar a "bastard child" made from "bad wood". Don't be an ass.

Word. And my Epi LP has a quilt maple top, since when is that "bad wood"? And Epiphone has been making hollowbodies longer than Gibson, so how could that be a "bastard child"?

WlCm, I am jealous. I'm thinking about getting a Hot Rod or Blues Deluxe someday.
Quote by which ones pink
Word. And my Epi LP has a quilt maple top, since when is that "bad wood"? And Epiphone has been making hollowbodies longer than Gibson, so how could that be a "bastard child"?

WlCm, I am jealous. I'm thinking about getting a Hot Rod or Blues Deluxe someday.

well, not taking sides with Shecter because i completly disagree with him, but Epi normally gets last picks in the wood pile, so maybe thats what he means by the bad woods, Gibson always gets first picks, i dont know.

but nice looking guitar setup dude, i'm getting a Blues Junior very soon myself, i would dish out the cash for a Deluxe but the wattage it too much for me right now

oh and i own the Small Clone, i can vouch for it. its a GREAT pedal, you wouldent think there was so much versatility with a knob and a switch, it adds a lot of deth to your sound and really fattens it up.
Ibanez AFS75/Fender Strat Plus > Fulltone Deja' Vibe > Keeley TS808 MOD+ > Fulltone OCD > VanAmps SoleMate > Metro JTM45
Quote by Schecter1277

And you're trolling. That ain't gonna get you far. Stop now and you don't get warned.
"A wise man once said, never discuss philosophy or politics in a disco environment." - Frank Zappa
Quote by Jinskee
Don't question the X.
<Frenchy> I'm such a failure
Mmm

Nice setup, you have there. The Sheraton is a very nice guitar and the amp and pedals would suit your styles of music.

Have fun
Sent from my iPad.
SOunds pretty sweet to me... *drools over the sheraton*
Heads up to everyone, new person using this account
Nice except for the Epi.
Quote by HxCori<3
you sir, are the ultimate UG stereotype, praise a not so good metal player, zakk, put down other peoples playing, seriously say I WAS GONAA PLAYZ SOME UBER LEEDS LOZLOERLS~1!!!11!, and then critique epiphones as if there worth a second glance
that's a kickass setup mate, including the sheraton! Will sound unbelievable

Don't listen to these guys complaining, they're probably 'Gibson or nothing' kinda people, easier said than done for some eh.
Fender 60th Anniversary Standard Strat,
Epiphone Les Paul ES,
Line6 Flextone III,
Laney VC15,
Some pedals,
Some recording gear.
Quote by This_Kidd
that's a kickass setup mate, including the sheraton! Will sound unbelievable

Don't listen to these guys complaining, they're probably 'Gibson or nothing' kinda people, easier said than done for some eh.

they probably havent even played one anyway, also, i was wondering, the vox pedal i want isnt sold at my local store. Would the clyde mccoy one work?
My Gear:
Epiphone Sheraton II
Teese RMC Picture Wah
MXR Carbon Copy
Keeley Modded TS9
Korg Pitchblack
Schecter Omen 6
Dean Performer Acoustic

Yeah, I think it would. Obviously, it's more expensive, but it's still a Vox. They have slightly different tones, but as long as you want classic rock/blues/vintagey sounds, you're good.
Yeah the clyde McCoy should be good for you. BUT, if you wanted to hold on for abit, your local store has probably stopped stocking the vox v847 because the new V847A is coming out soon. you might want to wait and get that maybe.
Fender 60th Anniversary Standard Strat,
Epiphone Les Paul ES,
Line6 Flextone III,
Laney VC15,
Some pedals,
Some recording gear.
Ban him while you can xifr!

As for your choiced, once again, they sound great! Take some pictures.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
i thought that shecter was ugly neways.

i think the solidbodys are beautiful, i just H8 ppl trying to make a "hip" and "cool" version of the Es335 shape 'cos it usually just looks "shite"
EH

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."
Last edited by eddiehimself at Mar 19, 2007,
^ same here

but get the clyde, it should be even better for you than the 847
gear:
fender mim telecaster w/ some extra stuff
Vox Ad50vt
Vox V847 Wah
Boss OS-2
Keeley Boss DS-1 Ultra
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi USA
MXR Phase 90
Boss CH-1
I'd probably go for something like the '72 Tele thinline over the Epi (personal choice), but everything else looks cool. Especially the amp. The fine tuning recommendations you're getting are good ones. The latest Vox wah looks to be a fine upgrade, and while the Ibanez TS9 is a great pedal, you might do a little better with the Maxon.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Quote by WlCmToTheJungle
they probably havent even played one anyway, also, i was wondering, the vox pedal i want isnt sold at my local store. Would the clyde mccoy one work?

The Clyde is great. I have it and it can pull off any tone I want
Sent from my iPad.