I have a macbook with garage band and i want to record some riffs but i dont know what i need to do that. also how much does it cost and where can i get it?
well, you would probably need some kind of interface. but if you didnt wanna shell out some money because your not serious about it, all you need is a 1/8 to 1/4 inch converter and a normal instrument cable
My Gear:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Epiphone Sheraton II
Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
Teese RMC Picture Wah
MXR Carbon Copy
Keeley Modded TS9
Korg Pitchblack
Schecter Omen 6
Dean Performer Acoustic

they have a thing at any apple store called the griffin garageband cable that plugs your guitar straight into the computer, and it has a buncha amp settings too so you can do a lot of stuff with it
If you're not too serious about recording, you could get a cheap microphone and try this...

1. Go to start
2. All programs
3. Accessories
4. Entertainment
5. Sound Recorder

The only problems are that it can only record up to a minute (Unless you record something, then add it on to the end, then it'll extend), and if you're recording a band, you'll have to record each separate, then combine them. Just a suggestion though...
Quote by Skarr
If you're not too serious about recording, you could get a cheap microphone and try this...

1. Go to start
2. All programs
3. Accessories
4. Entertainment
5. Sound Recorder

The only problems are that it can only record up to a minute (Unless you record something, then add it on to the end, then it'll extend), and if you're recording a band, you'll have to record each separate, then combine them. Just a suggestion though...

He's got a Mac and Garageband, that's only useful for us Windows folks.