I have played guitar for 3 years about, and love it. I've been in 2 bands, one of which is completely dead, the other merely dormant. I absolutely love playing music with other people, but am not all that interested in committing to a band or anything too serious right now because I have barely any spare time as it is.

My main question is concerning the concept of starting a music club of some sort which meets regularly and is all about playing music and having fun with it. Lots of improvisation and whatnot. Does anyone else think this is a good idea, or have ever attempted such a thing?
That would be cool =]

"World Wide Metalheads Community"

The community for those ol' stoners who still wanna jam but not be too serious... xD

I have a pimple on my head =[
those kind of things r a gr8 idea. this guy that is an elder @ my church started that up, and we do all sorts of styles such as blues (our main jamming i must say) and we go into styles such as country, bluegrass, and even celtic music. you learn a lot of styles and a lot of tricks, licks, and scales from all sorts of individuals. it makes you a greater guitar player and musician as a whole.
Quote by Mad Marius
Because there's no point in being on the Internet of you're not gonna act like an arrogant prick.
Quote by Midi Cream Pie
I have played guitar for 3 years about, and love it. I've been in 2 bands, one of which is completely dead, the other merely dormant. I absolutely love playing music with other people, but am not all that interested in committing to a band or anything too serious right now because I have barely any spare time as it is.

My main question is concerning the concept of starting a music club of some sort which meets regularly and is all about playing music and having fun with it. Lots of improvisation and whatnot. Does anyone else think this is a good idea, or have ever attempted such a thing?

Live or using something such as Ninjam?
Quote by Zinnie
god placed the fossils in earth to confuse the humans into thinking that earth is older than it actually is, therefore, making men try and think outside the box....

just kidding, there is no god

www.youtube.com/user/andrew12398
ive thought about it, i think it would be awesome. i too want just to jam with people, in a relaxed no worries chilled atmosphere.
If you want to jam in/around Mooresville NC message me.
Thats a good idea, I might actually try that too. Jamming with people is always fun and a good way to learn new things.
Quote by andrew12398
Live or using something such as Ninjam?

It would be live. I'm thinking of just having meetings at my house or something like that. I suppose i could make it a school club and meet there. I'm mostly just looking for playing some songs with other musicians, learning from those who are better than me and teacher those who am better than, etc. without actually having the pressure of being in a performing band. Thats not to say that i don't want to perform, but that I am not looking to "make it" in the music world, just to have some fun. We could do blues and jazz standards. I was imagining letting a whole bunch of unique instruments in as well. For instance, my brother plays oboe, and he and I are collaborating on this idea. We've done some jams before, and while he doesn't know anything about improvisation, that is the point in a sense - to be a learning experience for everyone.